Random

Rate this topic

Tfisher

Norma K going to weekends only starting next week.

January 21st Update!
Brutal weather here the past two days. It looks like the weather is going to straighten out for us tomorrow and we will be trying to get out! We have plenty of green crabs on board but are running low on white crabs so be sure to stop and pick some up. We will have the boat opened at 6am!

WE ARE GOING TO BE FISHING EVERY DAY THIS WEEK ( AS LONG AS THE WEATHER LETS US)! AFTER THIS SUNDAY, WE WILL BE SAILING ON JUST WEEKEND ONLY!

REST OF THIS WEEK, SAILING EVERY DAY FOR BLACKFISH!

7:30AM-2:30PM!

WE WILL BE SAILING FOR BLACKFISH EVERY SATURDAY AND SUNDAY THROUGH FEBUARY!

For more information, please give us a shout at 732-496-5383!

Capt. Matt

9 hours ago, Mike said:

That would seem, on its face, to exclude the classic snafu because the second hook could snag the fish. It would exclude sliders because that is two hooks on one leader. And it excludes the bunker snag with three crabs.

The reality is they allowed the snafu under that language. 

You have to provide a photograph OR drawing of the rig - do you know if the IGFA knows it was a snafu rig? The classic snafu, in my opinion, would be excluded by the IGFA rules. 

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

I read an article on the award of the IGFA citation in which he said it was caught on a snafu. I can't imagine IGFA is not aware of it. Rules say a drawing of the rig has to be submitted.

"Depend not on fortune, but on conduct."

5 mins ago, Mike said:

I read an article on the award of the IGFA citation in which he said it was caught on a snafu. I can't imagine IGFA is not aware of it. Rules say a drawing of the rig has to be submitted.

What year was this fish caught. Rules do change over time maybe the two hook thing was added after. 

7 hours ago, Slayer said:

I would think looking at one lonely dot on the page every month would be depressing, probably better to skip the dots. That way you can look back and say I'm sure I went more than once.

Lol.

Maybe a dot for every day he drinks would be more motivating.

9 hours ago, Mike said:

Or a photograph of the rig. 

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

• Mike pinned this topic