Tfisher

Random

Rate this topic

69,884 posts in this topic

Got a sous vide apparatus for Xmas.  Taking it on a maiden voyage - 4 lb chuck roast set for 26 hours.  This should be interesting.

1C66861F-D3C7-4EC0-8325-0228E71B253E.jpeg.34cd490ed2bd5750d729522724bacd46.jpeg

Just now, MakoMike said:

Under wear no doubt.

It was a load of whites. But I was nowhere near the end of my underwear stash.  Could easily have gone another week.

24 mins ago, Slacker said:

In the Audi?!! 

The next time Kml hits the leather seat heater, he will be surrounded by the aroma of 5 day old sex.  If Mrs. Kml happens to be in the car at the same time, he is gonna be explainin' or doing his own laundry.

:witty: Who is taking the video of that encounter?

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

E73C76B7-57D4-4BD7-A0A6-FFB594BC982C.jpeg.07d1988e15ad0052b13e361316b2acca.jpeg

51 mins ago, Slacker said:

That is my "new to me", factory refurbished Garmin sitting there proudly on the dashboard. 

Took it for a test run yesterday and other than having a very strange pronunciation of "Drakesboro Drive" (dra-kes-boro) and "Par Makers Road" (parade makers road) and thinking there is a school in my neighborhood where there is none, it worked just fine.

$59.  

We would have gotten around to mocking it if you had waited a bit.

I don’t think he would have in my car but you never know I guess. He is such a slob he’d throw the condom wrapper on the floor so there would be evidence. 

2 mins ago, Kml said:

I don’t think he would have in my car but you never know I guess. He is such a slob he’d throw the condom wrapper on the floor so there would be evidence. 

Maybe he went bareback?

22 mins ago, PeterO said:

Got a sous vide apparatus for Xmas.  Taking it on a maiden voyage - 4 lb chuck roast set for 26 hours.  This should be interesting.

1C66861F-D3C7-4EC0-8325-0228E71B253E.jpeg.34cd490ed2bd5750d729522724bacd46.jpeg

I am really curious on the sous vide cooking. I will pull the trigger on one this year. 

I saw another post somewhere around here where they made a “pot” out of a cooler for a big cook like a rib roast. Just make a hole in the lid for the gizmo to heat the water. That was pretty clever it seemed.

1 min ago, MakoMike said:

Maybe he went bareback?

I have a UV light in my fly tying stuff. I could check but I’m not so sure I want to know. 

7 mins ago, Slacker said:

The wife reports that she gave Rand Paul the finger at the CVS.  She is not a fan.

At least Rand is honest. And seems to have principals. Not wildly popular principals, but he has them.

2 mins ago, Kml said:

I am really curious on the sous vide cooking. I will pull the trigger on one this year. 

I saw another post somewhere around here where they made a “pot” out of a cooler for a big cook like a rib roast. Just make a hole in the lid for the gizmo to heat the water. That was pretty clever it seemed.

I keep thinking I should give it a try with an old aquarium heater I have in the basement.

Just now, Mike said:

I keep thinking I should give it a try with an old aquarium heater I have in the basement.

Could that get the water hot enough?

It would definitely cook the fish in the tank. 

I think I’ll just buy one like normal people.