Tfisher

Random

Rate this topic

68,146 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Spigola said:

Here's a bit of good news.  My urologist called me about an hour ago and told me the bladder biopsy he sent down to Johns Hopkins came back negative.  NO SIGNS OF CANCER CELLS! :beers::wee:

Scary stuff the C word.  You must have a real sense of relief today. Celebrate. 

Good news.

1 hour ago, Slayer said:

My son is the king of free stuff, if there is a give away or something to be had for the taking, he is on it, he amazes me.

This seems lacking some pertinent info

1 hour ago, Slayer said:

My son is the king of free stuff, if there is a give away or something to be had for the taking, he is on it, he amazes me.

What did I miss?

41 mins ago, Tom T said:

This seems lacking some pertinent info

40 mins ago, Kml said:

What did I miss?

Just a Random observation. He rarely leaves the command center on the weekends and sometimes I don't see him for most of the day, unless I walk upstairs and stick my head in his room, but I get texts.

"dad, I just won a pizza, no need to tip the guy its included"

"Dad, I won another Pizza, call the neighbors and see if they want it"

"Dad, I won a sub and garlic knots".

He was winning 3-4 pizzas a week when MTV was doing their "dinner with Friends" special AND he doesn't have a TV.

His record was 3 Pizzas in a night.

a few days ago he tells me that I can have his $300 Beats headphones.....

Today he received a brand new pair of Bose Quiet Comfort 35 headphones in the mail, that he won in some Gamers live stream.

We bought a new washer after Xmas.  Old washer sprung a non-hose related leak on Xmas day; we had bought the thing used for next to nothing when we moved here, so I decided to screw messing with it and just had the wife order a new one from Lowes.

As part of not having to screw with the old one, I also didn't want to have to pick up and install the new one or get rid of the existing one... so, paid for that, too.

For the past couple of weeks, since installation, the wife has been bitching that "this washer sucks... it stops mid-cycle... this high efficiency stuff seems to barely get the laundry wet... blah yada blah"... and I have been ignoring her, because, well, that is my hobby.  Tonight, however, it reached fever pitch. 

I spent the afternoon lolling around on the bed in my office because of last night's sleep interruption.  At 3 PM, I decided to get up and go do some stuff in the yard... gathered this week's downed branches and had a Friday PM bonfire in the fire pit.  Come in after about 90 minutes and she is griping about how it doesn't work right, she is going to Lowes tomorrow to see what they will do, yada yada.  I have my ear-jaw-head-tooth ache thing lurking just a couple feet beneath the surface... and I am not really in any mood, but it appears that I must pay attention.

One comment managed to pierce my consciousness... "the fill light is flashing".  So I ask, "What does the manual say that means?".  She flips the pages and she responds "It says water not entering washer... but that doesn't make any sense!".

I walked out to the laundry room.  Turned the cold water valve (lefty loosey)... it went about 10 full revolutions...same with the hot water valve.  Pressed "start" and the washing machine washed a load of clothes with no interruptions or aggravation... with me standing there watching the entire time. 

Apparently, the Lowes kid did the install, and just cracked both valves but did not come close to fully opening them... enough that some water got in the machine, but not enough to meet whatever the programming is for fill rate, hence an error and the machine constantly shutting off.

Now, all is well in the kingdom.  And not a second too soon, 'cause I do my own laundry and have two loads that need doing... I was waiting on her to figure out this machine...best laid plans.

You're lucky she didn't call Lowes and have them send out someone to turn the knobs. You should look into having a washing machine plumbing station installed, where its really easy to set off all the water so you can't get flooded when you're not home. (and its equally easy to turn it back on)

5 hours ago, Spigola said:

Here's a bit of good news.  My urologist called me about an hour ago and told me the bladder biopsy he sent down to Johns Hopkins came back negative.  NO SIGNS OF CANCER CELLS! :beers::wee:

Awesome. Thank God!

8 mins ago, Kml said:

After Christmas til this day you have two loads of laundry that in itself is amazing beyond the engine light on the washer. 

Not when you wear the same jeans and hoodie for two weeks.  You can fit about a month's worth of socks and underwear in a laundry basket.

7 mins ago, Kml said:

After Christmas til this day you have two loads of laundry that in itself is amazing beyond the engine light on the washer. 

Bed - couch - garage - food foraging

I'm guessing he's rounding up to two loads of laundry.

5 mins ago, MakoMike said:

You're lucky she didn't call Lowes and have them send out someone to turn the knobs. You should look into having a washing machine plumbing station installed, where its really easy to set off all the water so you can't get flooded when you're not home. (and its equally easy to turn it back on)

I have one.

Just now, Slacker said:

Not when you wear the same jeans and hoodie for two weeks.  You can fit about a month's worth of socks and underwear in a laundry basket.

You beat me to it.