Tfisher

Random

Rate this topic

41,833 posts in this topic

32 mins ago, Tom T said:

I hear ya.  Just weird...I would have thought the water would have cleaned up more by Monday.

 

I thought Tuesday was the day also, Monday was much better according to those who fished both days.

Yea me too, lesson learned, man, that blow ripped it up !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 mins ago, Tom T said:

I did catch a bunch on the jig.  It is a lot of fun, but I rue the day I get a big fish on that setup. :scared: 

Had an 8lbr on the Mary M in the spring, light bite !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 mins ago, Slacker said:

I think that dude FarrellX fishes in a kayak.  He might be 200 yards off the beach.  Or not.

The beginning of the vid he's in a regular boat.  But if I'm judging on the time of the camera drop I'm saying only 30' or so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 mins ago, Tom T said:

The beginning of the vid he's in a regular boat.  But if I'm judging on the time of the camera drop I'm saying only 30' or so

My PC has the speakers turned off.  LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 mins ago, Tom T said:

I hear ya.  Just weird...I would have thought the water would have cleaned up more by Monday.

 

I thought Tuesday was the day also, Monday was much better according to those who fished both days.

 

7 mins ago, Snaps said:

Yea me too, lesson learned, man, that blow ripped it up !!!

"Monday was much better (on the NKIII)"... @Snaps didn't Denny say Monday sucked on the BMH?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 mins ago, Slacker said:

That's it.  Leaves.

My email box blowing up,guys  on one of  the vessel, dont know if their boiler  airpreheater was modified and when ???

usually when originally built the  ROTOR POST bearing seals will be a square braid packing, when you get a modified unit, later on,  it will come with labyrinth seals, either aluminum or carbon, as they require no maintenance, you just inspect and swap em out, as needed.

So at first they asked me to get the part numbers from the maker, for the labyrinth seals set up, so, that leads me to believe, it was modified, NOW  they want me to get em cost on square braid packing which tells me it is not an updated modified trunion bearing seal.

 

this is the latest and greatest: 


After discussing with  3AE who checked seal chamber on PBlr AH the sealing air line appeared clear. Couldn’t get the bottom plug out so we drilled and tapped a hole for a drain/inspection line. 

Dave had mentioned that some large packing was used in past SY for the Rotor Post Seals so I assume that the labyrinth ring has been replaced. 

By copy to Tony, packing needed should be: Dwg  54353, Item #4, ¾ in SQ J.M. Packing…”illegible letter”-395 x 23 3/16 in Lgth, 2 (EA). Maybe we can confirm spec with Ljungstrum and buy packing through other source?
 

this is what its like all day every day, and I aint no engineer, now I am totally confused.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, Snaps said:

My email box blowing up,guys  on one of  the vessel, dont know if their boiler  airpreheater was modified and when ???

usually when originally built the  ROTOR POST bearing seals will be a square braid packing, when you get a modified unit, later on,  it will come with labyrinth seals, either aluminum or carbon, as they require no maintenance, you just inspect and swap em out, as needed.

So at first they asked me to get the part numbers from the maker, for the labyrinth seals set up, so, that leads me to believe, it was modified, NOW  they want me to get em cost on square braid packing which tells me it is not an updated modified trunion bearing seal.

 

this is the latest and greatest: 


After discussing with  3AE who checked seal chamber on PBlr AH the sealing air line appeared clear. Couldn’t get the bottom plug out so we drilled and tapped a hole for a drain/inspection line. 

Dave had mentioned that some large packing was used in past SY for the Rotor Post Seals so I assume that the labyrinth ring has been replaced. 

By copy to Tony, packing needed should be: Dwg  54353, Item #4, ¾ in SQ J.M. Packing…”illegible letter”-395 x 23 3/16 in Lgth, 2 (EA). Maybe we can confirm spec with Ljungstrum and buy packing through other source?
 

this is what its like all day every day, and I aint no engineer, now I am totally confused.

 

Tell them that it all sounds like too much work, but you will be happy to order them some extra paper towels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 mins ago, Slacker said:

 

"Monday was much better (on the NKIII)"... @Snaps didn't Denny say Monday sucked on the BMH?

Denny was on the cape may lady !!!! on monday, not the BMH, I didnt say where he fished, sorry.

 

That boat supposed to have a great rep, but, if water clarity sux ,the tog cant see your bait,  then ......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, Snaps said:

Denny was on the cape may lady !!!! on monday, not the BMH, I didnt say where he fished, sorry.

 

That boat supposed to have a great rep, but, if water clarity sux ,the tog cant see your bait,  then ......

But the guys on the NKIII were telling SuperlativeNova that Monday was better than Tuesday... that is the point with this one... and that Saturday was better than Sunday... Monday was better than Tuesday...the farther we get from the storm the worse the fishing seems to be. 

 

Seems that the water should be getting progressively cleaner, not dirtier. And the fishing better, not worse.

 

Regardless, I can guarantee that the yard is going to be getting progressively cleaner... right now.  Later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 mins ago, Slacker said:

 

"Monday was much better (on the NKIII)"... @Snaps didn't Denny say Monday sucked on the BMH?

It seemed the southern boats did better, as a whole, up until yesterday at least.  They all  made a right out of the inlet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now