Tfisher

Random

38,034 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Slacker said:

The insurance comes close to doubling the rental cost.  Company policy is to refuse insurance and they don't reimburse it if you buy it.  I have to pull out the expense manual, but IIRC the policy is that you cover it with your personal auto coverage and they will reimburse the deductible.  

There's a good chance your credit card will cover the claim. Many do. Read the fine print.

I had someone take out the passenger mirror down in SC a year ago.

(Actually, I let my 18 year old daughter use the car against my better judgement)

Visa was very easy to work with. They got with Hertz and I never heard of the outcome.

It was a pretty ****** Hundai Elantra with 45k hard miles and interior spills. It's possible it wasn't worth the paperwork for Hertz and they shipped it off for auction as-was. 

3 hours ago, Sparky said:

There's a good chance your credit card will cover the claim. Many do. Read the fine print.

I had someone take out the passenger mirror down in SC a year ago.

(Actually, I let my 18 year old daughter use the car against my better judgement)

Visa was very easy to work with. They got with Hertz and I never heard of the outcome.

It was a pretty ****** Hundai Elantra with 45k hard miles and interior spills. It's possible it wasn't worth the paperwork for Hertz and they shipped it off for auction as-was. 

Yeah, I'm in the process of looking it up.

14 hours ago, Slacker said:

My parents are both aficionados of the post coffee morning dump.  When I am there they are both sure there is something wrong with me for not running to the can after my morning coffee.

That right there is some funny chit !!!

Visa says that their coverage is now secondary to your personal auto; at least on the Cabelas Visa.  You have to file a claim with your personal auto insurer.  

Oh and that coverage is going away when Cabelas changes to MasterCard later this year.

Amex has a program where you can buy primary coverage for about $20 that covers for the full duration of the rental.

I found 5 Visa cards that still provide primary auto rental coverage... none of which are currently in my wallet.

Butt plug, ball gag, dildo, blow up sex doll, flesh light, one in the pink and two in the stink...why are these ok?

9 mins ago, mickrazz said:

Butt plug, ball gag, dildo, blow up sex doll, flesh light, one in the pink and two in the stink...why are these ok?

:laugh:

24 mins ago, mickrazz said:

The people on the news standing in the rain and wind are complete idiots. balloon knots.

I saw one female reporter, standing at the water line, in the weeds, surf was rolling at about 10 footers, with .5 second interval,  she is trying to hold on to her hood, with one hand and the microphone, in the other , all I could think of "I wish the winds would blow her clothes off."  :p

13 mins ago, Snaps said:

I saw one female reporter, standing at the water line, in the weeds, surf was rolling at about 10 footers, with .5 second interval,  she is trying to hold on to her hood, with one hand and the microphone, in the other , all I could think of "I wish the winds would blow her clothes off."  :p

Upgrade your cable package to include the "Playboy Weather Channel".