Random

Rate this topic

Tfisher

I have to tell my good friend Hank the tog/deer slayer that he did an excellent job gutting the deer he gave me. The care after the kill is very important to the quality of the meat. Everything was clean and he gutted it the proper way, cutting around the anus and removing it so no urine or fecal matter got on any meat and the back legs didn't dry out.

I had some tonight. It's better than any steak I ever ate. 

The Magnificent Presence

5 mins ago, mickrazz said:

I have to tell my good friend Hank the tog/deer slayer that he did an excellent job gutting the deer he gave me. The care after the kill is very important to the quality of the meat. Everything was clean and he gutted it the proper way, cutting around the anus and removing it so no urine or fecal matter got on any meat and the back legs didn't dry out.

I thought you were having Horvath junior over to show him innards and what not.

14 mins ago, Slacker said:

That little doe was a good study for shot placement. Went in a little far back on the ribs, cut the heart in half and exited in far forward in the ribs and through the front leg, 25 yds from the shot to the drop.

26 mins ago, mickrazz said:

Y tells me that leaving deer in the yard overnight and letting the local coyote chew out the butthole is a perfectly viable deer gutting solution.  

2 hours ago, quiknet said:

And I made cioppino with fresh tog for dinner 

20221123_191541.jpg

I had no idea what that was when you told me. I would've invited myself to dinner had I known.

We grinded out a 2 man limit today. The ocean was quite sporty in the morning, definitely not the 2 footers and 5 knot winds forecasted. Once the tide turned, it laid down enough for us to spot lock and use jigs. As usual, the Captain was high hook. He is trying to teach me how to properly fish a rig. I am a slow learner.

I am sipping on my second rum and egg nog. Tis the season.

Edited by csteven

2 hours ago, Slacker said:

I did, and he learned alot, and today he ate venison loin that I told him how to cook, first time eating venison and he loved it as did his wife and kids. 

2 hours ago, Slayer said:

That little doe was a good study for shot placement. Went in a little far back on the ribs, cut the heart in half and exited in far forward in the ribs and through the front leg, 25 yds from the shot to the drop.

As I've been saying, a heart shot and the deer lives about 5 seconds. The damage that broadhead did was quite amazing. What brand are you using? 

The Magnificent Presence

• Mike pinned this topic