Random

Rate this topic

Tfisher

On 11/18/2022 at 7:23 PM, TimS said:

Simple...it's communism :read:

I didn't want to say it. 

4 hours ago, Slacker said:

Of course, I'd also eat pickled herring in cream out of the jar.  So YMMV.

It's called sledzie in Polish. A Christmas staple.

I love grilled sardines, except for the smell. 

Edited by mickrazz
Spelling
The Magnificent Presence

I like sardines as well. Slide a 6/0 4X live bait hook in the mouth and out through a gill, turn it 1/2 a turn and stick it back through the belly to hide it a little....then float it back with the chunks :drool:

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

9 hours ago, TimS said:

That reminds me...I need to get my rake back from Otter :drool:

Every year I say I'm going to buy and never do.  Really should have picked one up when I was in Maine earlier this year.  Idiot.  What was I thinking!

Raking claims is a great way to spend a couple hours.  Get to hang out with JMB and Mitchell.  :th: 

#otterlivesmatter

I think the last time I raked was December 2020, on a Saturday.

Came home and the Golden Child noticed the big bowl of sorted clams.  "Whatcha gonna do with those?"  It' was just before lunch and I knew where he was headed.

Linguini and clams for lunch?  His eyes lit up.

Eff it, I opened a bottle of white wine and got to work, Little Sister came home from the gym and the three of us had a great lunch.  I took the bottle with me outside and smoked a cigar while making some pre-christmas phone calls to friends.  

#otterlivesmatter

17 hours ago, Kml said:

Pulled the boat today. I need to figure out what I do with it. It is definitely "wet" I can tell it is heavy with wet foam. The builder has a rehab program, deck off wet foam out any rot repaired, rewire, repower. I am seriously considering that. I will need to get it to Morehead city NC. 

I wonder who the guy was that named the place Morehead, probably one of Mick's ancestors. 

New engine? How many hours on it? Any other problems? New boat business is so bad they are doing rebuilds?  If you call Scout with old boat questions they don’t return the call. Is there still a long wait list for an engine? 

I haven't done the grilled sardine thing in a long time. Good stuff. Restaurant Depot gets them off the plane from Portugal. Dress them with a nice evoo, lemon and parsley off the grill.

"Depend not on fortune, but on conduct."

45 mins ago, Tomm24 said:

New engine? How many hours on it? Any other problems? New boat business is so bad they are doing rebuilds?  If you call Scout with old boat questions they don’t return the call. Is there still a long wait list for an engine? 

I really don't know. 

The main problem with my current is old age and fuel economy. It is 1996 vintage I have no idea on hours. 

2 hours ago, Kings over Queens said:

I think the last time I raked was December 2020, on a Saturday.

Came home and the Golden Child noticed the big bowl of sorted clams.  "Whatcha gonna do with those?"  It' was just before lunch and I knew where he was headed.

Linguini and clams for lunch?  His eyes lit up.

Eff it, I opened a bottle of white wine and got to work, Little Sister came home from the gym and the three of us had a great lunch.  I took the bottle with me outside and smoked a cigar while making some pre-christmas phone calls to friends.  

I give the little ones to whomever I'm with, I take all the big ones and throw them on the grill and cook the **** out of them...I love them grilled :drool:  :drool:  :drool: 

The woods, beyond my grill, is going to baffle archeologists a thousands years down the road when they did it - there's thousands of clam shells back there :) 

Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

7 mins ago, Kml said:

My son is in Portugal for another week and just sent me a picture of his lunch an hour ago. 

SmartSelect_20221120-105052_Message+.jpg

Bait eating runs in the family :) 

• Mike pinned this topic