Tfisher

Random

Rate this topic

159,841 posts in this topic

13 mins ago, Kings over Queens said:

I crash but then am up at 3am and sometimes wont fall back asleep.  Itd horrible.

Ive all but stopped drinking.  Juice isnt worth the squeeze.

Cool. DIBBS on the Pappy!

I really only drink twice a year. When it's my birthday, and when it's not my birthday.  -- Bill Murray

In my undergrad days at University of Rochester, we had a regular circuit on Thursdays. Happy hour at the student center bar, go off campus to see a band, and when the bars closed, hit the loading dock at the Gennsee brewery. We'd show up with food at 3am and hang out with the workers drinking Genny that "fell off the skid."

7 hours ago, Kings over Queens said:

I crash but then am up at 3am and sometimes wont fall back asleep.  Itd horrible.

Ive all but stopped drinking.  Juice isnt worth the squeeze.

I crash too , then I only wake to pee and when I am hungry, sumtin to eat and back to sleep .

11 hours ago, Kml said:

I will make this a priority. Do they travel well or it is best eat them there?

I ask because my son moved to Nolita in July and it looks close enough to him that I can task him with getting me some and bring them home. 

Or I can figure out a lunch trip from downtown. 

I was always partial to the square knishes that you can now find at the supermarket.  (and used to find on hot dog carts in the city)

However the round ones are nice.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Tom T said:

I was always partial to the square knishes that you can now find at the supermarket.  (and used to find on hot dog carts in the city)

Square knishes served from a cart with a squeeze of mustard inside :th:  Not sure there was any other brand than Gabila's

Gabilas Potato Knish Squash - 17 Oz

Certainly different than the round ones, which are baked, not fried

knish1.jpg.beb7528fee3fbe34674b5c852d6e3a64.jpg

I like them both, always with a squeeze of mustard.

Edited by PeterO

2 hours ago, Tom T said:

I had partners back in the day who had an office on Fulton Street, and once a week I'd drive in for the day.  nothing better than a knish to sooth your patience as you merged into traffic getting into the holland tunnel. :th: 

On 9/21/2022 at 9:15 PM, PeterO said:

You can either arrange withholding or pay estimated quarterly payments (depending on their payment schedule).

You need to read more better. Kevin’s situation is different because it’s through a trust, and it’s the trust that controls the payments. 

for the “normal” individual who controls both, the most economical Tax payments schedule is to pay the total taxes amount as withholding on the December distribution.

On 9/22/2022 at 1:48 AM, Slacker said:

Real jobs occupy 40, but really more like 50-60, hours of your week.

50-60 hours is a slow week.

On 9/22/2022 at 1:51 AM, Slacker said:

Real jobs make weekends (or "off days"), federal holidays and vacation days seem somehow more important than every other day of the year.

Don’t forget bonus day!

On 9/22/2022 at 2:02 AM, Mike said:

The guys with real jobs will be doing to work for me, at 3x the $. I'll just be a figurehead. Apparently, clients want an old dog at the helm overseeing things.

Make sure your malpractice insurance is paid up.

Posted (edited)

41 mins ago, MakoMike said:

You need to read more better. Kevin’s situation is different because it’s through a trust, and it’s the trust that controls the payments. 

for the “normal” individual who controls both, the most economical Tax payments schedule is to pay the total taxes amount as withholding on the December distribution.

It would be helpful if you could point out where he specifically mentions the trust.

:th: on the medical front

Edited by PeterO

1 hour ago, MakoMike said:

Great news on the medical front! Everything that’s not supposed to there is shrinking . 

Congrats, Mike!