Tfisher

Random

Rate this topic

155,877 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

That thing practically flies across Raritan Bay.  A little scary how fast that boat gets on you.

You gotta pay attention, no drifting and dreaming when you're in Ambrose

Edited by PeterO

2 hours ago, Slacker said:

That thing practically flies across Raritan Bay.  A little scary how fast that boat gets on you.

I am always amazed at the small boats that even try to get across the channel in front of them. I know way better and give them a very wide area to pass me. 

The newest boats are way bigger than the ones of yore 100 more seats on the Commodore and Courageous than the Wall Street, New York...

56 mins ago, Mike said:

You need moar practice. Or perhaps beano

I don't need beano.  The booze keeps me from falling asleep... it doesn't make me fart.

27 mins ago, PeterO said:

I'm surprised given that you spend time wandering the streets of NYC.  The best knish you'll ever have will be from Yonah Schimmel on East Houston.  Just the best.  The ones they serve on the street with a squirt of mustard (or used to) are Gabila's Knishes which is an entirely different animal, tasty but different.  You can get Yonah Schimmel knishes from Goldbelly, but going there is a treat and a real trip back in time.

I will make this a priority. Do they travel well or it is best eat them there?

I ask because my son moved to Nolita in July and it looks close enough to him that I can task him with getting me some and bring them home. 

Or I can figure out a lunch trip from downtown. 

12 mins ago, Kml said:

I will make this a priority. Do they travel well or it is best eat them there?

I ask because my son moved to Nolita in July and it looks close enough to him that I can task him with getting me some and bring them home. 

Or I can figure out a lunch trip from downtown. 

They travel just fine.  I’ve always gotten them to go, usually heading back to NJ and swing by Houston on my way to the Holland.  The next block over is Russ & Daughters, but that’s another conversation.

The place is a true throwback to what the “lower east side” used to be.

Edited by PeterO

32 mins ago, Slacker said:

I don't need beano.  The booze keeps me from falling asleep... it doesn't make me fart.

So, Celiac. Got it.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

You need moar practice. Or perhaps beano

23 mins ago, Slacker said:

I’m imagining Y laying down on soiled sheets, liquored up after gorging on some of Ringer’s squirrel satay.  There ain’t enough beano and ventilation to overcome that gaseous symphony. Tog House :beers:

32 mins ago, Kml said:

It has been a long time but Genesee Cream Ale was very high up on the beer fart chart

Spent a loooong weekend in Watkins Glenn years ago.  Consumed my lifetime supply of Gennie Cream that weekend.  Haven’t had the desire to have another.

1 min ago, PeterO said:

Spent a loooong weekend in Watkins Glenn years ago.  Consumed my lifetime supply of Gennie Cream that weekend.  Haven’t had the desire to have another.

Deer hunting for me 1990'ish around Oneonta NY.

Gennie cream ale all night is not great for a deer stand all day.

2 hours ago, Slacker said:

Booze makes me sleep like ****.

I crash but then am up at 3am and sometimes wont fall back asleep.  Itd horrible.

Ive all but stopped drinking.  Juice isnt worth the squeeze.