Tfisher

Random

Rate this topic

159,844 posts in this topic

5 mins ago, Slacker said:

The wife tells me there is a shrub sale and she wants to take advantage of it.  That means I gotta dig.

6 mins ago, Slacker said:

The wife tells me there is a shrub sale and she wants to take advantage of it.  That means I gotta dig.

Now is the best time. Cheap prices as the dump their stock, and the ground stays damp until next summer. 

My wife informed me that a landscaper would be over to hard prune the privet hedge and put down mulch.

I said ok. 

She wants some laurel's or something in the back, the landscaper will dig those holes.

I will prune the tomatoes. 

1 min ago, Kml said:

My wife informed me that a landscaper would be over to hard prune the privet hedge and put down mulch.

I said ok. 

She wants some laurel's or something in the back, the landscaper will dig those holes.

I will prune the tomatoes. 

The wife hired a landscaper down here when we got her.  He hosed her for about $2500 to provide and plant a couple rhododendron and about 8 clumps of effing monkey grass.  When I heard what she paid, I was more than a little displeased. 

"Well I knew you wouldn't want to do it." she said.

And she was right.  But I would much rather do it than part with $2500.

My wife is good like that.  She gardens, and knows what things should, and shouldn't cost, and knows that I'm not digging a hole.  So if she wants it done it's getting done herself, or she's calling the guy.  You had to see the consternation when it came time to mulch.  I used to have a trailer and would run up to the yard for a scoop, and she'd unload and spread as she went.  Sold the suv, no longer need the trailer and NOT buying bags of mulch.

Couple of hundred bucks and a few hours and it was done.  

So it's looking like my son is going to be a deckhand on the seastreak.  

His merchant marine union is holding tight on the covid vaccination mandate and that's a non-starter.  He's told there is room for advancement to captain and he's already got his 100 ton license, so we'll see.

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

How many days of line management has Y logged in 2022?

One? Or is it two?

Aside from a handful of flounder, Y has managed to catch a whole lot of sqaudoosh this year.

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

:whip:

4 mins ago, Kings over Queens said:

My wife is good like that.  She gardens, and knows what things should, and shouldn't cost, and knows that I'm not digging a hole. 

LMAO....

Despite the ongoing sirens I'm hearing here in downtown Nashville, I will soon venture out for an early dinner of smoked meats.  Flying tonight, so no adult beverages will accompany my meal.

8 mins ago, PeterO said:

I hope it tasted better than it looks, for your sake as well as your co-pilot!

It was ok.

Co pilot is an FNG.  He's gotta pay his dues.

Beans look lame. I'd have gone for collards. Ribs look good, but Iike a dry rubbed rib. Is that brisket beyond the ribs?