Tfisher

Random

Rate this topic

159,841 posts in this topic

24 mins ago, Kml said:

I fished Dan Wood out of Niantic CT many moons ago who had that boat it was quite comfortable 

My friend's boat is currently berthed in Sag Harbor.

Just now, quiknet said:

HBD Mick!

Yo Slacks!

I'm in Nashville tonight. 

You coming out for some beers and Q?

I am not. But you have fun. LOL.

Y thinks he needs a vintage Stradic handle.  But we know he hasn't used that Stradic in at least 15 years.  

I've tried messing with that handle twice in the past year. Can't get it to work right. Years ago I replaced the gear, and that reel is butter, but, the handle! That will be a fruke reel.

42 mins ago, Slacker said:

Y thinks he needs a vintage Stradic handle.  But we know he hasn't used that Stradic in at least 15 years.  

Begs the question -- What could possibly have drawn you to that thread?

2 mins ago, Mike said:

I've tried messing with that handle twice in the past year. Can't get it to work right. Years ago I replaced the gear, and that reel is butter, but, the handle! That will be a fruke reel.

You fluke once a year.  How many fluke reels do yo really need?

My old man brought that reel in to the shop in Mass because the bail was tripping mid-cast.  The broad behind the counter laughed and said, "that thing is vintage".  Shimano no longer made the offending part but they managed to get the thing rigged to fix the problem.

2 mins ago, Mike said:

Begs the question -- What could possibly have drawn you to that thread?

I like to keep up with the pulse around the site.

Posted (edited)

5 mins ago, Slacker said:

You fluke once a year.  How many fluke reels do yo really need?

The thing is that I like very light line for fruke to be able to use lighter jigs. Then I have reels with heavier line for tog or seabass. I want a selection of reels for either use so when my kids join, I have enough gear. So, yes, 3 or 4 reels available for each would be good for me.

Edited by Mike
Grammah

2 mins ago, Mike said:

The thing is that I like very light line for fruke to be able to use lighter jigs. Then I have reels with heavier line for tog or seabass. I want a selection of reels for either use so when my kids join, I have enough gear. So, yes, 3 or 4 reels available for each would be good for me.

Sounds like every other hoarder.

I might need these 843 bottle caps because my adult kids might want to come home and do some arts and crafts.

It's the way it is. If my kids come, they use what I have. Andrew, in particular, likes to grab my 732/saltiga 10 outfit. 

He's learned to catch well with that outfit. I don't want to make him learn the feel of another setup