Tfisher

Random

Rate this topic

159,841 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, mickrazz said:

Well after 15 years I shot fairly well today. The bow was set up for my friend so I had some stuff to adjust and I was rusty in my form but after about an hour I was in the bull. Grouping was off because I got muscle tired very fast. I had to shoot without my glasses but with the peep sight it wasn't bad. I might try contacts for shooting, especially if I'm going to try to hunt. 

You gonna try getting up in a stand again?

16 hours ago, Mike said:

It won't matter to the NYY. They're only interested in hitting home runs.

46 mins ago, Slacker said:

The "three true outcomes" game of baseball is a pretty boring game.  The game is at its best with runners on base.

And the NYY start today's game with 5 singles in a row.

My brother built a stand on his property for his ex-wifes father that was awesome. The base platform was a painters scaffolding. He put a roof over it and stairs going up. Comfy chairs and good shooting lanes. It was a great setup. 

Mickrazz needs a ladder stand.  That's really the only answer for him.

Of course he's gonna need to make three trips to drag it into the woods, but he's got plenty of time.

On 9/9/2022 at 2:25 PM, Mike said:

I paid $3.49 for gas today. With a card. Summer/Labor Day price gouging is waning.

Drove past that station today. 3.39 now.

17 hours ago, mickrazz said:

I had to shoot without my glasses but with the peep sight it wasn't bad. I might try contacts for shooting, especially if I'm going to try to hunt. 

I need glasses to see far, I cant see close with my glasses on....I cant focus on the sights with my glasses on and I cant pick the deer from the leaves with my glasses off. I have no trouble target shooting without my glasses but for the life of me I cant see the deer from the woods without them. That's why I use a crossbow and scope.

48 mins ago, Mike said:

Drove past that station today. 3.39 now.

The cheapest gas here is 20 miles down I-65 in Franklin.  I have no idea why it is so cheap down there and always has been.  But regardless, multiple stations there are now at $3.05.  

8 mins ago, Mike said:

$0.35 for not being in BumEff. 

On the other hand, bourbon....

I have never tried the stuff from the distillery down there.  Going out on a limb, I would bet that it really isn't worth the $50 a bottle price tag.

But, they at least are making the effort to do their own distilling.  Kudos for that.