Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StriperNinja

Rod building class in MA

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

The Northeast Rodbuilders will be having a gathering in MA, sometime in March. It won't be a class, but more of a daylong hands-on discussion on many aspects of rodbuilding. New builders, and experienced builders have had alot info and good times exchanged in these events. Because its not going to happen till March, I'd recommend looking into some of the other area classes ( is CMS Enterprises in New Bedford still doing them? Dunno.) Mike.

Hello all.

CMS Enterprises is doing their rod building classes right now. Having done them last year and wrapping my first rod, they are awesome. Here is how it works. They are every Thursday from not through the end of February starting at 1730 hours. They are free. Mostly guys come in with an idea of a cool rod they want to build or of a fav rod that needs refurbishment. either way, it is very easy to learn more than just wrapping and spacing. They have their entire inventory there and you get to see how others are matching and mixing components up. So you end up learning much more than just your rod. You end up learning about the others' rods as well. Bob, Erik, Charlie, Aaron and Jeremy (I think) are all very talented craftsman AND very patient teachers. I HIGHLY recommend them. You will probabaly see me there.

PS - My wife LOVED her Arra 1083 with purple wraps. It came out geourgeous.

- ATG