Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BrianBM

Ultimate spinning Bomber blank

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

IT used to be for me (also the 108 1L) but, Ive found in bigger water (currents etc), that rod was almost over matched. Now, its a Rainshadow 1087. I dont work for the company or anything, but the rod launches bomber style plugs and has ball$ to fight a good fish in some moving water.

BC

I have a xra1321.I love this rod. I built a 1321L to keep me from overusin the arra an I broke it.I would like to try the alstar -rainshadow lineup I have a 1208 rainshadow I have to rap.I can't decide wether to go conv. or spin. back to the 1321 for a 11'er u feel bombers reel good with it an it can handle currents an heavier plugs to 2.5 oz well.can fire a 1-1.5 buctail outa site.at first I was a little concerned that the lenght would be to much but after a few seasons with it I hardly use the smaller rods.

I use a 1083M for Bombers and the like. a lot of guys will wave em' around in the air and think they're a little light in the pants. But when you got a fish on and the whole rod goes to work, that blank is capable of taking ANY fish.

If I were just throwing bombers and I was "good to my equipment and mostly fish sand beach" , for 9 feet I would go with an arra XRA 1083. Next choice would be the Lami GSH 108 2H and next the Lami GSB 108 1L.

Salt,

I believe after you build those Rainshadow blanks, you might change your mind a little on that. Before I used the Rainshadow 1087, I would have responded exactly the way you did in your post. (the rods you mentioned are all great rods).

Lots of people do like the Rainshadows BC. I don't mean to sound negative about rainshadows. I'm not at all negative. I simply haven't used them much so can't really comment intelligently. So my response should be considered a "no opinion" not a "bad opinion".

Salt,

didnt you say you bought some Rainshadows?? was that you? I was merely saying that after you build them and use them, I bet you'd find them to be one of youre favorites... smile.gif

bc