Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bob9

Any flats on Pine Island/Cape Coral that can be waded?

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Leaving next week for 3 months in Cape Coral. Will be staying on a canal that has occasional snook, jacks, and sheepshead. Will probably explore Pine Island. Should I bother to bring wading boots?

Bob9

There is a huge flat on the mainland side of the Sanibel Bridge. It shouldn't take you long to drive there from CC. Yes, take your wading boots and you may want to take breathable waders or hip boots too for Feb. and March.

Jettyhound, I think I know that flat. I think I'll bring my wading booties and see how they work. Haven't worn them in decades. be leaving Saturday if the storm doesn't screw things up.

Bob

Good luck! If you happen to cross the bridge to Sanibel, stop in The Fly Shop on Perriwinkle. Norm will help you if you need it.

Yes, you will definitely have a great time at Sanibel Island. You might want to scout the areas in the Sanibel Fishing Pier and the near cuts....but be careful wading the soft sands and strong outgoing water! It would also be worthwhile to visit the Ding Darlin Park (decent fishing early mornings) and there is also a small inlet approx. 4 miles north ( for decent light tackle snook and reds). As for staying at Cape Coral... check out the bridges at night! If the weather gets ugly at night... definitely hit those bridges! ;)