Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Saltheart

Clemen's rod wrapper

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Took the plunge and got the Clemen's rod wrapper. Looked at a few. saw little difference from the pictures between the clemen's and the renzetti but actually got to see the clemen's live and never saw anything but pictures of the renzetti so I opted for the Clemen's. New toy!! smile.gif That means I'll probably have a million questions for Al in about a week.

Good for you, Salty; that should be a real pleasure to use and find you turning out all kinds of rods biggrin.gif

F.Y.I., Andy Renzetti (of fly tying vise and tool fame) was the original design engineer / consultant on the Clemens lathe and produced them for Clemens in the early years until the deal soured for various reasons. With his fly tying tool business booming, Andy had sort of back-burnered the rod lathe business, but still had a good load of component parts stock-piled when I bought mine, direct from him, quite a few years back. Since then, he's moved his entire operation from Coatesville, PA to the sunny southlands of Florida and relatively recently got back into production and a wider distribution of his rod lathes. While they're both great products, Renzetti has a thread carriage which suits me a bit better, and he's recently introduced some very nifty accessories not available thru Clemens. Worth taking a look at, as you get more and more into this; most all of his products will retro-fit on the current Clemens model.

[This message has been edited by Bill Klein (edited 03-02-2001).]

Salt,

Are you in trouble now. I have my Clemens lathe about 18 years now and my skill level and speed increased dramatically after acquiring it.

Best of luck. Feel free to contact me anytime.

Al