Meet "Smart Restaurant�: The Minimum-Wage-Crushing, Burger-Flipping Robot

Rate this topic

shante

It can't replace Obama. It doesn't read a teleprompter and it's not black. Those are the special qualities that got Obama elected and no machine can replace him.

how about if we painted a teleprompter black??????

Maybe, but can it talk with those smooth dulcet tones that hypnotize idiots like Obama can? I'd have to hear it say "If you want to keep your policy, you can keep your policy" first.

Maybe, but can it talk with those smooth dulcet tones that hypnotize idiots like Obama can? I'd have to hear it say "If you want to keep your policy, you can keep your policy" first.

good point......it probably cant lead the chants either......yes we can, yes we can.........

tha tbeing said, im sure the teleprompter is still the smarter of the two.

It can't replace Obama. It doesn't read a teleprompter and it's not black. Those are the special qualities that got Obama elected and no machine can replace him.

how about if we painted a teleprompter black??????

A robot couldn't replace President Obama.

A robot could flip a coin on every issue, and be right about half the time.

Much better than our President.

Material abundance without character is the path of destruction.
-Thomas Jefferson
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.
-Soren Kierkegaard

:agree:    It's more for the shareholders though!  I even Use a Stamp  to save some jobs. 

There are people living the lifestyle of the 47%ers, but I'm not sure about the number. 

("Actually, I didn't say that." –Mitt Romney, when asked about his oft-cited quote that 47 percent of Americans can't be persuaded to take personal responsibility, Washington Post interview, July 28, 2013.) 

Humm.    ^ Sounds like pissing in my ear. 

"I should tell my story. I'm also unemployed." —Mitt Romney, speaking in 2011 to unemployed people in Florida. Romney's net worth is over $200 million.

On Romney's quote which was taken out of context by the Democrats and run with for all they could get out of it. I wonder how many actually viewed the whole tape? I took my girlfriend and had her watch the video (the question which the quote is cut from is cut) and afterward I asked what he meant. , her response was not what the media interpreted. He was just really talking about the decided voters and was giving a very fast and off the cuff list of people who fit into that group. The Democrats were the ones doing the insulting.

Oh and on Romney's net worth he earned it.

DiggerinVa

I would love to be able to punch in:

-Lightly toasted poppy-seed bun

-Burger cooked medium rare (and have it actually come out that way)

-Leaf lettuce (I HATE shredded)

-Red onion

-Tomato

-Crumbled Bleu cheese

-Tabasco mixed with REAL mayo (not that horrible Kraft crap)

-THINLY sliced Jalapenos

-ONE slice of white Cheddar

-Insert card, pay, press "GO!" and wait for my burger.

This is making me hungry!

<p><p></p></p>

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digger in Va View Post

On Romney's quote which was taken out of context by the Democrats and run with for all they could get out of it. I wonder how many actually viewed the whole tape? I took my girlfriend and had her watch the video (the question which the quote is cut from is cut) and afterward I asked what he meant. , her response was not what the media interpreted. He was just really talking about the decided voters and was giving a very fast and off the cuff list of people who fit into that group. The Democrats were the ones doing the insulting.

Oh and on Romney's net worth he earned it.

:howdy:   Digger in VA, I agree with you; it seems that “stuff out of context,” and narrowly assigning meanings that are then broadly applied in disingenuous generalization, is essence of political debate. Look around in PG.

The 47% bit has become the symbolic rift between two extremes.  PG is nothing more than just shouting over the top of it (in either direction) loudly enough to be ignored on the opposite side.  Unfortunately, it seems no one wants to look into it.

LI BeachRat, noted that there are those who may have had misfortunes and there are those who are parasites.

I threw in the Romney comments just in juxtapose to Little’s comment.  Romney’s net worth isn’t an issue other than he probably won’t be signing up for unemployment.  However, you've brought up a good point about him having earned it.  Frequently, PGers will say things like: we’re all equal; class envy; work hard.  Nevertheless, I suspect he may have gotten a jump-start from his good fortune, in being his father’s son:

[George W. Romney] joined Nash-Kelvinator in 1948, and became the chief executive of its successor, American Motors Corporation, in 1954. There he turned around the struggling firm by focusing all efforts on the compact Rambler car. Romney mocked the products of the "Big Three" automakers as 'gas-guzzling dinosaurs’ and became one of the first high-profile, media-savvy business executives.”    ~ Wikipedia

At my age, just about everything pisses me off!

:howdy:    Digger in VA, I agree with you; it seems that “stuff out of context,” and narrowly assigning meanings that are then broadly applied in disingenuous generalization, is essence of political debate. Look around in PG.

The 47% bit has become the symbolic rift between two extremes.  PG is nothing more than just shouting over the top of it (in either direction) loudly enough to be ignored on the opposite side.  Unfortunately, it seems no one wants to look into it.

LI BeachRat, noted that there are those who may have had misfortunes and there are those who are parasites.

I threw in the Romney comments just in juxtapose to Little’s comment.  Romney’s net worth isn’t an issue other than he probably won’t be signing up for unemployment.  However, you've brought up a good point about him having earned it.  Frequently, PGers will say things like: we’re all equal; class envy; work hard.  Nevertheless, I suspect he may have gotten a jump-start from his good fortune, in being his father’s son:

[George W. Romney] joined Nash-Kelvinator in 1948, and became the chief executive of its successor, American Motors Corporation, in 1954. There he turned around the struggling firm by focusing all efforts on the compact Rambler car. Romney mocked the products of the "Big Three" automakers as 'gas-guzzling dinosaurs’ and became one of the first high-profile, media-savvy business executives.”    ~ Wikipedia

His father did give him a good jump start. Which is what all parents should do for their children. Somethings I found that more parents can give their children is a good work ethic, a understanding of the value of an education and pride in them selves. Romney's father did just that, and some parents don't even come close.

DiggerinVa

2:27 on makes me gag everytime

i love that the guy from bones is the trainee.

You had to make me watch it didn't you....

I would also add people that cut your hair to the list of folks you don't **** with.

Material abundance without character is the path of destruction.
-Thomas Jefferson
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.
-Soren Kierkegaard