Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crazy Alberto

Kayak rod for Yellowfin tuna!

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Hiya Folks!

I am back from Mexico and I just wanted to congratulate Al Goldberg for a fine Kayak rod! I took it for a test and I banged away 2 yellowfin tuna (Approx. 50lbs) tipped with a VS 250!

Hubba...Hubba! biggrin.gif I also caught a slammer bucketmouth bass via Al Goldberg's fly rod! The fish was a whopping 25 1/2" wide with 18 1/2" girth! If I had a certified scale... this fish would have broken two IGFA Fly tippet record! frown.gif

For inquiries... go to the Main Page under my Mexico thread!

"Crazy" Alberto

This rod was designed to fish 1-3 ounce plugs and up to 5 ounces of sinker for tog and stripers from a kayak. It is six feet long, a Lami composite blank with SIC spinning guides.

Crazy has this passion to challenge yellowfins on light tackle. Like I said, "The rods I build for the Crazy One have to be Alberto Proof".

Neat. Fifty lb tuna on spinning tackle.

Betcha you got some nice grooves in your hands from palming the VS spool, though.

....did you change drag washers down there?

Geesh... I don't want to talk about drags in this board. It's a touchy subject if you know what I mean. wink.gif

Mully, I wish you were there buddy! I needed you to take some action photos while I was abusing those tuna and the largemouth bass. I am sure we got some pictures... but I know the quality shots you normally take.

Big Al G. I was very, VERY impressed with that yak rod... my next attempt will be the humpback whales. biggrin.gif

"Crazy" Alberto