THE worst airline

Rate this topic

Niffty

Nah. It can supposedly takeoff in 3400'. Even less with cold weather and a headwind.

Doesn't leave much wiggle room though.

That's why I said "interesting" and not "difficult". ;)

"…if catching fish is your only objective, you are either new to the game or too narrowly focused on measurable results.” - D. Stuver

I've never flown Spirit Air, but I've heard they are by far the worst. My cousin had a nightmare experience with them a few weeks ago. He was with his wife and two young kids. The airline was charging him full price for each kid's seat, but didn't consider them eligible for each checking their own bag because they were just little kids. They just wanted to charge him the $150.00 fee for 2 of his 4 checked bags.

And they have a practice of overbooking every flight, hoping that not everyone shows up. Needless to say, he had the same seat on his boarding pass as someone else and they basically had to argue over who was going to wait for the next scheduled flight (which was the next day).

I have not flown Delta since 2005. I had a baby boy, a 7 year old son, and my wife was pregnant with my daughter.  We had purchased tickets over the summer for a flight to Ga during the Thanksgiving week. We were bumped, and had to wait about 6 hours for another flight.  When I got into the second flight, people were in the seats that we were promised. The Stewardess told me that we had to leave, and I told her that we were not going. Finally three people gave up their seats.

I don't trust Delta, they stink.

I am TERRIFIED to fly. I have been on a plane 6 times though(2 round trip flights) and I flew in a plane that my friend was piloting(just got his license) we went to Mojegan Sun(around a 45 minute flight) I said I would only go if his hot redhead girlfriend flew with her tits out(she did the whole flight) I was too terrified to care though...................... NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!

"Dont elect a scumbag, no riots, so easy even the alt right should be able to figure it out." - numbnuts

3700' runway? Gonna be an interesting takeoff when they get it out of there.

I don't know. Every fly out of John Wayne in OC? So as not to disrupt the sonic well being of the hoity toity Orange County, CA crowd they rev up the jets and shoot them up like rockets so that they make altitude (and get out of ear shot) faster. None of those flights are ever full. That way they are light enough to go straight up.

BTW, somewhere online, there's a picture of another SWA runway overshoot. This was in Burbank, I think, and the plane ended up with the nose inside a Chevron gas station, about 50' from the pumps. :shock:
There is a Chevron right next to BUR....

Hot dogs were invented in 1936 by Larry Hotdogs when he accidentally dropped a bag of prize-winning pig buttholes into his Dick Shaper Machine. :read:

It's funny, I've had nothing but good experience with Southwest. I like the boarding process, if you log on to get your boarding assignment, you get in the "A" group and avoid all the numbskulls who can't figure that out. They don't make you pay for checking one bag, which, I think cuts down on all the yahoos who try to carry everything on with them. I'll admit that the above scenario of landing at the wrong airport isn't comforting. United, on the other hand, has caused me nothing but headaches over the past ten years or so. Lost baggage, waits and more waits, no crew at the terminal all the time, missed connections through no fault of my own. I don't fly United unless I HAVE to.

Nifty, flying commercial class IS like taking the bus, and has been for years. It's sad really from where it was 25-30 years ago.

I travel too much to take the time to log on and pick my group. Not to mention that I'm too busy. Most of all I fly so regularly that I need to remember my next flight is on SW before I leave for the airport. Even with the app on my phone that doesn't happen. It usually goes something like this: While packing for flight the next morning: "Oh **** I'm on Southwest!" :banghd:

Half the time I need to look out the hotel window when I wake up to figure out what city I'm in. I can't be expected to remember which airline I'm on this time a full 24 hrs ahead of time.

Jet Blue doesn't charge for bags either and they don't suck. I have enough status on most airlines that I don't pay for bags. If I do I am flying on business and I expense the cost anyway. And it doesn't keep people from carrying **** onto the plane. Everyone is afraid of losing luggage and more realistically theft.

I average about three planes a week. Some weeks it's zero. Some weeks it's 10. Usually it's four flights in one week. I want my aisle seat near the front. On quick and off quick. Get me to work and then me back home so I can remind myself what it looks like. This maybe get stuck in the middle or sit flying backwards ******** is unacceptable. I'm a routine work traveler. No other airline does this crap.

Hot dogs were invented in 1936 by Larry Hotdogs when he accidentally dropped a bag of prize-winning pig buttholes into his Dick Shaper Machine. :read:

Oh and they are not any cheaper than Jet Blue or American most of the time. Not that processing a seat number would raise ticket costs.

It's really hard to understand how a crew of TWO professional pilots can make this mistake. Only one is doing the actual flying (or autopilot twiddling), while the other is handling radios and checklists. It's not the first time this has happened and probably not the last, sadly.

There are two places I wish I could have been when this went down: The cockpit, when they realized what they had done, which was probably on short final; and the tower at the airport they were supposed to land at when the airplane they were talking to never landed.

"Some people are immune to good advice." - Saul Goodman