Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ravenar

Reasonable price glass blank in the 8.5' range??

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Al, What would you recommend for a spinning plugging rod in the 8.5 range(trying to stay under 9 foot) that will toss 1/2 to say 1.5(maybe 2)oz stuff. I want to use braid 20-30lb, on a either 4000 stratic or 6000 Sustain. I would like to get some ideas of blanks that I can check out to get me started. Id would basiclly be using this rod as a top water popping rod, and some plugs.

------------------

Robert

Hey Al,

howyadoin?? hows the fishin been??

I just have a quickie question, what is the technical difference between s-glass and e-glass? is it in teh actual manufacture or raw materials used in manufacture, or is the e-glass an s-glass with lower quality specs?

thanks in advance.

BZ

Hi Brian,

Just returned from three days in Montauk. The striper fishing was great. We diamond jigged them in about 45 feet of water on the southside. Lots of action on small fish. The wireliners did better on larger fish. We also did well on sea bass, but the fluking was slow. Reports were quiet on the beach scene.

S glass and E glass are made from different glass cloth and resins. S glass is stiffer than E glass resulting in the use of less material to get the same action. S glass was very popular for a long time until graphite was introduced. Today, there are a limited number of S glass blanks.

Al

BZ, you need to come over and do some more blem shopping with me wink.gif I'm beginning to think these S-glass beauties are woefully unrepresented in my current arsenalsmile.gif

Ravenar, Al speaks words of wisdom, the SMB108 3M, chop 6" from the butt, and that's the stick which you seek smile.gif

TimS