Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gil.F

foam grips

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

when instaling them should the butt cap go on first, also when instaling the butt cap does it overlap the grip? sorry for the stupid questions , new at this!

Gil, I only used foam on 2 rods and I didnot boil them. I used the epoxy method. Very Important - make sure you goop the epoxy well above where the grip starts to bind on the blank. You need to get the epoxy under the top part of the grip. If you don't the grip will act as a squeegee (sp) and wipe the epoxy off. Trust me it's a royal pain in the @$$, and one hell of a forearm workout. If you goop up the blank well you will find that the grip slides on fairly easily, then you can clean up the mess. I used rod bond and it worked very well, at least on the second rod, I think you can see where I wnet wrong with the first rod.

Hope this answers your question.

Tony

You can also microwave them to make them stretch a little easier.

If you're gonna tell him that, say for how long. He might microwave it for 5 minutes, then send yu a bill for a new one, lol

Oops redface.gif

Last time I did it, I put it in for about two minutes and it seemed to work fine. Just check on it after a minute. I think it would take a long time to melt one.