Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
J.M

HEART OF THE SHORE TRAILER

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

The reason this won't play is because the letters in the actual UTube link contain the letters that come close to an offensive word . The computer is editing the word out with ***.causing the link not to work.:shock:

I watched it, now was there something there that was missed or are we going to live in the pass for the next umpteen years????  Lets keep moving forward not back. It was a storm (that many "through there own fault" never prepared for) not 911 !!

I watched it, now was there something there that was missed or are we going to live in the pass for the next umpteen years????  Lets keep moving forward not back. It was a storm (that many "through there own fault" never prepared for) not 911 !!

Dude, you need to take a chill pill, if you were to say that to the 329 families in ocean county still miss placed by that storm they'd really put you in your place. I have one family living with me still waiting on their insurance company and FEMA to get some money. So they can possibly put their lives back together. It's far from the past when you are still living it.. Lucky for you I guess that you weren't effected. But other people/neighbors well being certainly doesn't effect you, does it? We are still strong, but black and blue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FISHNFOOL View Post

Dude, you need to take a chill pill, if you were to say that to the 329 families in ocean county still miss placed by that storm they'd really put you in your place. I have one family living with me still waiting on their insurance company and FEMA to get some money. So they can possibly put their lives back together. It's far from the past when you are still living it.. Lucky for you I guess that you weren't effected. But other people/neighbors well being certainly doesn't effect you, does it? We are still strong, but black and blue.

Why do I need to take a pill, and what place would they put me in,  If they had or had been paying for the correct insurance all would be back together by now, it's seems those that are waiting for MONEY from others pockets are the ones still MISS PLACED. You don't get it, I'm tired of paying for everyone else, (as my recent tax bill indicates) people need to stand on their own and take care of their own. You are doing a good thing having a family live with you, but that is your choice not everyone elses. And it wasn't LUCKY for me, I was prepared and heeded the warning given, something the residents of this state always fail to do.

Why do I need to take a pill, and what place would they put me in,  If they had or had been paying for the correct insurance all would be back together by now, it's seems those that are waiting for MONEY from others pockets are the ones still MISS PLACED. You don't get it, I'm tired of paying for everyone else, (as my recent tax bill indicates) people need to stand on their own and take care of their own. You are doing a good thing having a family live with you, but that is your choice not everyone elses. And it wasn't LUCKY for me, I was prepared and heeded the warning given, something the residents of this state always fail to do.

This is so blind to the realities that it's not even worth replying to, beyond this.

These are people who paid their insurance bill and still aren't getting compensated. Maybe some didn't have insurance and that is their problem. Your in Berkeley as am I and I'll trade you tax bills. What did you do to prepare for Sandy, maybe you have insurance, I don't know but it sounds like you were LUCKY and didn't receive any damage. I spent 7 mos. rebuilding my mothers house. She has insurance and has only received a pittance of the cost. She was one of the LUCKY ones she had a few bucks for material and me to do the work.

Let's stop this Lou, it's going no where. You live by the water, Any body of water, you need to be prepared for eventually being flooded, Elevated your homes/ proper insurance, YOU assume YOUR risk for the location YOU choose to live by.  I have received damages to my home, vehicles and property over the pass 30 years, ICE STORMS, Forest fires, WIND storms, etc... I didn't expect any gov. agency to bail me out, I make sure I'm paying for the right insurance regardless of what it cost, many did not do that. Your tax bill is BASED on the location you CHOOSE to live at, personal CHOICES here. My tax bill went up to pay for YOUR removal of debris. When my stockade fence got destroyed (2/ twice) over the years I paid for it, when the twp. trees fell on my home and vehicles parked in my driveway my insurance (partial me) paid for that. When the forest fire ripped thru here several years ago and destroyed  homes and damages a lot of property who paid for that, those homeowners and their insurance companies. I could go on and on, but I believe everyone should take care of their own. WE all make our own personal CHOICES, I know I'm not POLITICALLY correct in my view, I make no apology for it, just my opinion on the matter. I'm just tired of paying for everyone else's bill.  Rant over, see you on the beach in the spring.      

Quote:

Originally Posted by nam1969 View Post

This is so blind to the realities that it's not even worth replying to, beyond this.

"Blind" hardly, the reality is it was a storm, no less no more, rebuild and move on, just as humanity has done numerous times in the pass. trouble today is there is a lot of Drama, I guess it keeps generating the almighty dollar for those looking for an easy ride, no REPLY NEEDED.

Wantofish, I had a fire in my home when I was a freshman in HS. There was little fire damage but lots of smoke damage. All our appliances and electronics needed to be serviced (cleaned) from smoke residue. Linens and furniture needed to be replaced. Walls needed to be re-rocked in the closest rooms and in others, they needed to be repainted. We were told we could not stay in the house immediately following the fire. Fortunately, we had friends and family take us in while the remediation was done. My parents had what they thought to be a good insurance policy and were paid up. As time went on, I recall my parents fighting over things the insurance company refused to cover. In the end, all worked out but it took months to get things straightened out with billing. The crews that the insurance company had hired did a great job and did it in a timely manner. When all done, the insurance company tried to get my parents to pay towards the final bill sightibg things that they claim could be something they don't cover. Funny, after theu chose the company to do the work.

Point is, its never as cut and dry as you may think. The insurance companies profit billions in finding ways to not cover something.

I don't think anyone should look for a hand out. I don't think this is the case with most of these people. I grew up in Bayvill and when to HS with a lot of kids of those whos parents lost property and homes during Sandy. Some of them lost everything and were honest, hard working people who provided a lot in their communities. Don't generalize, it offends me as someone who knows these people directly. No doubt there are few looking for their "bail out" but its just that... A FEW!

It doesn't make easier when the government makes rebuilding that much harder even in the wake of such events. Don't know where you are in Bayville but keep in mind, if this storm had been what they had originally anticipated, that water could have very easily reached you! Last I checked, not a whole lot of elevation change in Bayville. Don't worry dude, if it happens again, we know you got it!

P.S. I'm a small government supporter. I believe the american people can and will do just fine taking care of our own without the government telling us to do so.

Well if they lost property and homes then they weren't properly insured, as I stated. They are still misplaced because they are waiting for MONEY from some other source than their own insurer, (it's called being Bailed Out).  I never said they were scamers, criminals, bad people or anything like that, they were just unprepared and not insured properly, as I earlier stated. You need to go back and read my post several times for comprehension.  You are reading into my post, drawing your own conclusion and creating an argument that should not be, I offended you,  "REALLY"  Unbelievable ??? 

Well if they lost property and homes then they weren't properly insured, as I stated. They are still misplaced because they are waiting for MONEY from some other source than their own insurer, (it's called being Bailed Out). 

You should speak of what you know, not what you are uninformed about..

The largest of insurance companies is millions behind in settlements, the money simply is not available until they rape their customers for the money. They raised my insurance premium 1300 a year and still owe me 45 grand on my settlement. This was primary top of the line coverage... Weekly they tell me it's in the works. They other family is displaced as you call it because the insurance company has yet to give them one dime on their 125 grand settlement that they have agreed on.. They spent 6 months in a hotel, no reinbursement,3 months with another family and now they are with me... Just yesterday the insurance company said they sent out the first 10 grand of the settlement. That won't even cover the cost to demo. 45 days till the next inspection to release more funds... This is them waiting to be bailed out. Come on, take your head out of the sand.