18-20 oz bait heaver, bait n 12

Rate this topic

Capt Neil

Hi all,

Has any one tried cutting back the tip of a Lamiglas GSB 1362 MH to produce a rod to throw bunker heads and up to 12 oz sinkers? This would be a spin rod rather than conventional.

Or will this blank throw bait n 12 witout being cut.

Thanks in advance.

Capt Neil Faulkner

I think Mike Lang has a 136 2MH that he chunks with, you want to PM him.

I fished my 122 1MH (extended to 11' 3") last night for the first time, 10oz and a big head barely put a bend in it yikes.gif I bet the 136 2MH will throw even more, just TommyTape some guides on it and give it a toss.

There's hardly a better feeling than the one you get from raining fish parts on France smile.gif

gad

"I came into this world naked, screaming at the top of my lungs, and covered in someone else's blood. I got no problem leaving it that way."
Who can hope to be safe? Who sufficiently cautious? Guard himself as he may, every moment's an ambush. Horace

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replys.

The customers ask and I try to comply. You can't believe some of the requests!!!!

I will build without cutting the tip. I am told you need at least 8oz to load that blank.

I appreciate all your help as you guys fish these blanks and know their capabilities. There is no way I could know all these answers unless I spent 12 hours building and 12 hours fishing the blanks.

Thanks again,

Capt Neil