Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bonefishdick

Liquid Fusion- I like it.

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

Brian, it sets up hard. Once I got used to it coming out of the bottle and that only took maybe a half dozen flies, it made a nice even head with one coat, I also use a toothpick to spread it around if I need to and then it self levels. I would recommend a drying wheel and after about a half hour they seem to be set up very well enough to a piece of foam and let them cure. It does not seem to take more than a couple hours for them to fully cure. The cure time I find is dependent on how thick the coat of LF is. A small brush with some water is good to have as a standby if need to smooth it out also.

I've been using Tuffleye, Bug-Bond and Sally Hanson's the last few years. I tend to reach for Bug-Bond the most lately, especially when I'm tying surf candies. I keep hearing more and more good things about Liquid Fusion . I picked up a bottle the other day and am anxious to try it soon. I bought the bottle in a craft store. My wife came up with a 40% off coupon at checkout. I was delighted with the discount! I wish I could find discounts like that everyday in the fly tying / fly fishing world! I was in another craft store yesterday and they stocked it also. It is good to know that if I run out, that I can find it locally at several sources. I just thought that I'd share my recent experience with my fellow SOLers in case any of you are not already searching the craft stores for fly tying materials.

Tim

If this is too off topic, feel free to ignore it, but following the craft store tangent, I was at a craft store yesterday and saw a product called fabric stiffener. Anyone have any experience with that for coating flies (esp. marabou) so they don't foul? Does it remain water soluble when it dries? It says water based which concerned me but water based polyurethanes exist so I didnt totally give up hope