More butt wrap ?

Rate this topic

Springer

I am in the planning stage for my third build, which will contain a decorative wrap for the first time. Is it possible to do a simple diamond or chevron with multiple colors and NOT use CP?

The idea is to make a base wrap with metalic then wrap over that a simple diamond with 2 colors. What I don't know is what happens where the two colors crossover when the finish is applied. For instance if I am doing my decorative wrap with blue and red, will it appear purple where the thread crosses each other when the finish is applied? Does any one have a picture of this type of wrap? Thanks

Here is what a wrap of diamonds looks like using regular thread and no CP. In between the diamonds, I filled it all in with regular white thread.......

pretartan.jpg

Here is what it looks like after the epoxy was applied.........

Tartan.jpg

After I put the first coat of epoxy on, I ran a single thread of regular blue thread in between the patterns and put CP over that.

Effumall Club President Quote:Originally Posted by TimSTimS is a dick

Mike, you did an awful job of packing. I can see gaps everywhere. How can you post that picture when everyone can see all the thread through the top layer? Terrible. lol.

"the internet is the greatest platform for people who don't know anything, to tell people how much they don't know, to people who don't know anything and believe everything they read."
-Billy 40:16

SPringer..

go for it.. mixing of colors adds a lot to a rod.. I dont like CP.. it gets tacky and if youdont put on perfectly, youre asking for trouble and the colors bleed anyway..just get two colors that will bleed nicely with each other..

"The kids they dance and shake thier bones and the politicians throwing stones. singing ashes, ashes all fall down"