Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Saltheart

Purglas Blanks

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

they were originally designed for the South African market...

light and very powerful.. diameter in the butt is kinda thick...

they have a website.. to my knowledge the only distributor in the US is on the west coast...

shoot me an email or pm for details.. don't think i'm supposed to post a link here..

i've casted a model 400-1.. 13' rated to 4 oz... it was a rocket launcher.. i have an 11.5 footer rated to 6 oz being built

------------------

I may be small... But I'm slow!!

salt,

I just sent them an email this AM. I think I'm gonna build a couple for myself. Just search for Purglas and their site comes up.

Thumb,

What do the blanks typically cost? Can you describe the action on the pluggin rod as compared to Lami GSB,XRA, Allstar, etc?

my experience has been that phone works MUCH better than email with them... i think the blank i got was around 140 but don't remember for sure.. don't think you can buy straight from them.. there are a couple of places (literally only 2 that i know of) on the east coast that have there stuff..

as to any type of comparison.. i only casted one rod about 5 times... it was nearly a year ago.. I just remember that i like it cwm12.gif

i should be able to give a comparison in the next two weeks or so as i should have mine by then.. the rod i casted was 13' rated to 4 oz... 400-1... i casted three on it and it loaded incredibly well and casted VERY far... If i remember correctly, it's a pretty through action compared to the breakaways for example.... i honestly don't have a lot of experience with lami's... maybe someone should GIVE me 5 or 6 of the arras to try out.... biggrin.gif

------------------

I may be small... But I'm slow!!

Hi Salt

Purglas are quaility rods for sure. infact i would say that purglas is in the top 5 makers in the world today. Truly impressive performance surf rods. Big Dave

Purglas I did a search and was checking them out..If I understood it correctly they don't make one piece blanks for shipping reasons...?? Am I reading this wright or am I on the wrong sight...

Hi Tagger

you're correct as to the non 1 piece rods. Easy Transport is extremely important in other parts of the world. But there is a big up side to the 2 piece rods. And thats it allows rod engineers to really build true high performance blanks designed to cast baits to amazing distance. Big Dave