Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishaholic18

drying motor

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

What are you using for your drying motor setup? Mine just crapped out today and I need another in a hurry. The dam thing only lived a few months. What motor, rpm,shaft and chuck are you using? confused.gif

fishaholic, check out my post about my new drying motor. as of right now, the last post was made on May 24th, so it should be easy for you to find.

so far, the motor is working great. i used it to dry some flies the other night. this week it will get my new fly rod.

I use the flexcoat dryers. I have both the 6 and 18 RPM and use one or the other depending what I'm doing. I think if you are relatively new to building , you'd like the 6 better. the 18 is a little more for people who are used to moving quickly.

I have been using a 30 simular to hats on a rod Smith. You can stop it temperairly and it well go in the oppiset direction. If you need right now use a rotisary motory, make and fit a threaded shaft that fits in to the rotisarty hole use a PVC butt cap. drill a hole in thes center place threaded shaft in the hole place a washer and nut to hols it in place. Now drill 3 equaly spaced holes in the side and put thumb screws in eahole this well hold the rod in place. You can email me at warren334@myway.com if you need a better explination Good Wraps Bob