Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SMT

Lami 136 1MH Tip Top?

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Wanted to build another Lami 136 1MH but this time use BMNAG's. Biggest matching tip BMNAT16(15) is a 15 tube w/ a 16mm ring, and if my memory serves me right and the Lami catalog specs are right, it's a 20 tip. Any suggestions? I understand some guys will use a ring guide as a tip top but I'm not sure if I will like the appearance or have confidence it will hold up.

yep... I use a heavy duty boat tip top, not sure of the #'s.. its definately a 20 tube, ive found it as big as 16, but its easier to find with a 12 ring.. I use BHNG's on that blank and start with a 25, 20, 2 16's and the rest 12's so the 12 tip works out ok!!

Thanks for the reply Big. Apparantly this wasn't a problem for other builders? I found the answer. I ordered the new Silicone Nitride top BHNNT12(18). It is as close a match as they come to the BMNAG's and even has the support guide foot like the Alconite tips. Turned out I remembered breaking the tip on the stick I have, and found I had kept the broken top. Measured it and it was an 18 and not a 20.