Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
big country

Hey OZ??? whaddya think of the SWB 70 H (rainshadow)

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

have you seen these rods? A buddy asked me to build him one and he has two (one for me, smile.gif )

seems like a solid blank for chunking bass on da boat or deep sea blackfishing. its glass..

I thinks its rated 20-40 lb..

What about the SWB 70 MH? That seems like a good little ocean fluke rod..

any thoughts???

BC

BC - there are a few other guys who have the MH on this site. If I am not mistaken, it is a perfect Ocean/Bay Fluke stick. Very light, perfect action for Fluke. Not sure about the H.

The SWB is a Forecast (imported) from Batson. Nice blanks for the $ and being glass. I have a 70ML, M and H. They also make them in 8' for a couple of bucks more. Might want to buy the 8's and trim the butt to size. Mine are still unbuilt so I don't have much practical experiece with the Forecasts. I got Gadballs a few that he built, maybe he can add something.

I have 3 8' SWB H blanks smile.gif I'm building 2 at 8' as for the third...who knows?

I spiral wrapped a blank(grips are done) and took it togging in 80' to 100'+ water, 10 and 12oz lead and was casting 30yds under hand.

I was fish with braid, the stick is sensitive enough that I could feel a 4" bergall chewing my crab. How do I know it was a 4" bergall? I put a 4/0 gami through it's brain smile.gif

Blank has a ton of guts, plenty IMHO for chunkin' stripers.

gad