Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FlukinUki

Cutting down a blank

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Im posting this question for a friend who has a Tica UHEA TC-2 9foot plugging stick. He likes the rod but feels the but is a little on the long side for his taste. He wanted to know if there is any reason not to take an inch or two off the butt end. If its not going to cause any problems, what is the best way to take the end down a smidge? Should he wrap tape around the cork/blank and just hacksaw it off? He's a little apprehensive about cuttting a brand new rod. And really, this is a friend and not me smile.gif I would have hacked it off by now biggrin.gif

Fluke,

If he really want to do it, then he can just use a hacksaw and a replacement butt cap. if he is cutting against the blank, mark with masking tape so you minimize damage to the blank. Also, tell him to make sure he doesnt over cut, cut a little, test it out and if he wants more cut again. if you cut too much your screwed and you cant go back. I know, Ive made that mistake...

BC

Big Country, Thats what I figured. I told him to just tape where he was going to cut and go slow with a good hachsaw blade.

Sounds like the saying "I cut it THREE times and its still too SHORT!" biggrin.gif

Thanks for the info.

If its just 2 inches? why even bother? Hard to believe that 2 inches would be noticed one way or the other. What is it about the 2 inches that bothers him so much? But in the end a fine Hackksaw works great Big Dave