Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WNYsteelheader

Lamiglas blank model #?

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I want to build a 10 ft 2 piece lami. The model # of the built rod is XS101 MHC 17-40 lb test. I think the the 2 piece i want to build is XS10 MHC but not sure. What is the blank that this factory rod is built on? What would be the best place to purchase this blank? Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,

Dan Colville

Dan Colville's Custom rods

I have a rod built on the 1201M, and it by far my favorite rod. For me better than my Arra 1205 or Arra 1322. It's light, thin, casts easily and - for me - throws 3-8 great. For a bait fisherman, it pretty much covers the waterfront, and is a pleasure to fish all day. If I were starting my rod collection all over again, I would get a custom based on this blank plus the 11' version to cover my 10-11' rod needs.

You might want to get the blank for the XS11MHC and cut it down. I own the factory XS11MHC and love it, but my buddy owns a 10 foot rod built by Hatteras Outfitteers (I think) from the XS11MHC blank (I think they cut back the tip). I used it for an entire week last year and fell in love with it. It cast better than my factory 11' rod (using mostly 4-6 & bait - but occasionally 8& bait).