Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FishHawk II

Shelf life of Flexcoat

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

I don't know. Once the bottle is open, the shelf life is about 2 years (if that). you will see stuff solidifying in the resin bottle (the accelerator part is ok) after a year or so. you can still use it but the strength of the finish may get affected.

I used separate syringe for each bottle so I am pretty sure there was no accidental mixing. I have experienced this for several bottles.

If the reason solidifies just heat it (hot water or microwave) and it's good as new. I spoke with a few finish manufacturers and they say it doesn't effect thr finish at all.

The resin at times will begin to solidify and turn white. Seen this with other epoxy too. Not a problem. Just heat it and it returns to original state and is perfectly good to use. Put the container in hot water or you can VERY Carefully use a microwave. Loosen the top before you do and use just a little heat or you'll have a real mess.

Ooops. Looks like Fish 18 beat me to the punch! smile.gif

Steve

[ 03-05-2005, 08:02 AM: Message edited by: Steve M ]

Heat with hot water is the best, will work fine. Keep in mind that as epoxi ages it yellows. If you're looking for true colors buy a new bottle.