LILCO rod?

Rate this topic

feltman

Now you are asking for "trade secrets".

The "Lilco Stick" was built on a now discontinued Loomis IM6 8 foot 1-piece popping blank rated from 1/4-3/4 oz. It was used to cast small bucktail and plugs for striped bass at the Lilco powerplant warm water outflow in the dead of winter.

The stick was very versatile and has caught stripers, blues, albacore, bonito, snook and alot of other species.

Current blanks that would do the job are steelhead and popping rated for 8-12 lb test and 1/4-3/4 oz. Look at Lami Perigee, Loomis, Graphite USA and Rainshadow. All make sweet blanks for this application.

Al

I believe the GP964 is a good substitute for this piece. I aked about this stick about a year ago and I can't rmember but there are alot of members here who have them.

JC

...where ignorance is bliss, 'Tis folly to be wise.
---------------------------------------------
Thomas Gray (1742)

Built the GP964 for a friend and it is a great rod for casting up to about 1 oz. Real light and has enough backbone for most applications. Matched it up with a Tica Camry 3500. Real nice outfit. I am planning on borrowing it from my friend next time I go up to Lake Ontario for the big browns and salmon. MIKE