Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishweewee

Coasters = BOO

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Al-

I recently acquired a rod that came with no reel seat. It was furnished with coasters, which did not reliably hold the reel (an Abu 7500 series).

Can you recommend a reel clamp for this reel (and a rather beefy rod)?

Thanks...

-Ben

------------------

fww.gif

The Pause That Refreshes

when i got my 2/1 i didn't have a reel seat put on . i finally decided on a fuji skeleton reel seat . i just taped it on .i also put a piece of shrink tubing over the cork grip then used fiberglass packing tape , then electrial tape over everything .

works , but i will probally have a reel seat installed ...when i finally decide where i want it ....

doesn't the 7500 come with a reel clamp ?

derf

Ben,

I have a Fuji Plate seat for you. You can use tape if you want to be able to move it. If PROPERLY mounted, it will be pretty firm with tape. When you know where you like it, I can put it on permanently for you. I'll see you Saturday?

All of the 7000 sized Abus are furnished with a perfectly fine Squidder style rod clamp (or at least they always used to be) Why not just get that outta the box and install it?

Oooops. Hi, derf smile.gif I read thru too quickly; just noticed you already beat me to it on that one.

[This message has been edited by Bill Klein (edited 02-24-2002).]

Whoa,

Thanks for all the responses.

Derf, I forgot about the factory reel clamps (duh). Must be gettin' old.

Phil, thanks for the offer, I'm still trying to figure out what todo with this stick (Alberto, Mully, and Danno played with it yesterday @ RM Field 2). It's something I was thinking of using for tournament casting, so the option of having the reel placed high or low on the butt remains in my head.

Al, I sent ya en e-mail. Aforementioned rod is a factory version of the stick I hope you have time to tie (Hatteras meat stick). Hope I'm not overloading ya with extra projects.

-Ben

[This message has been edited by fishweewee (edited 02-25-2002).]