Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ed J

Lookin for a blank?

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

8 to 9 foot, 1/2 or 3/4 to about 2 ounces. 2 piece. Some thing a tad stiffer than a Loomis 1023, but not as stiff as a Lami 1081L Is there such a thing?

Will be paired with a Penn 712.

It's for my little one. I told her We would wrap a rod complete with pink thread and maybe a Barbie or power puff girls decal on it.

Now I'm tryin to save some $ on the blank it self. Any ideas?

Also, if I take a regular sticker that the kids can get, put it on the blank and epoxy it over, will it bleed through? Or is there a way of doing something like that?

Thanks for any help.

------------------

Ed J

EdJ@StripersOnline.com

Ed some of the stickers will work just fine cover with clear nail polish before applying finish- you might also try the Krylon spray over the sticker before the finish - always test first- I roll any peel off decal or sticker with a roller (using for edgeing wall paper keeps the edges a little tighter and prevents some lifting

John

Thanks for the suggestions Sharon, but I'd really like to get a 2 piece.

BTW the package arrived today, thank you very much icon14.gif

Todd, I'm sure others will chime in, (I hope) have anything in particular in mind?

Come on folks, somebody has to has some more ideas on this one, just take a peak at her heart.gif.

andreahookup.jpg

------------------

Ed J

EdJ@StripersOnline.com

[This message has been edited by Ed J (edited 12-17-2002).]

Ed,

I would suggest looking at salmon/steelhead blanks from the major blank manufacturers, including Lami, All Star, Rainshadow (RX7), St. Croix (SCII), Cabela's (Fish Eagle II),etc. Most salmon/steelhead blanks are two-piece and the heavier models should meet your lure specs. You should be able to build a nice two-piece barbie stick for under $100.

Good luck, Mark