CMNST vs ICMNST

Rate this topic

nycman

ok, ordered that allstar 1267-2 and a set of low riders.

heres my ?: i see on the fuji LC spacing/sizing diagrams that fuji recomends a top 1 size bigger than the running guides. cwm15.gif i was gonna use sz 8 running guides so i need a sz 10 top, but i can only find CMNTs in sz 8. would a ICMNST fit the bill?

basically are the MNST and CMNST the same frame?

mikeD
iskateforfun @ gmail dot com

Mike - go with all 10's instead of 8's. Oz said something about knot clearance or something surf fishy. The frame is MN, the first letter designates the color. MNST is a Gunsmoke colroed MN frame with an SIC ring. ICMNST is an Ion Coated (I believe this is a Black frame) MN frame with an SIC ring.

Yes they are the same.

"the internet is the greatest platform for people who don't know anything, to tell people how much they don't know, to people who don't know anything and believe everything they read."
-Billy 40:16

I hoped someone with surf knowledge chimed in on the size 10 running guides. I think with a 50# shock leader you need teh larger guides so the knot flows through smooth. Based on what i've been told, 8's are too small.

"the internet is the greatest platform for people who don't know anything, to tell people how much they don't know, to people who don't know anything and believe everything they read."
-Billy 40:16

10's are my minimum on a conventional. Spinners, by design, tend to beat up knots to failure pretty fast. Unless I'm spin chunking with 5 or 6 oz with my 2M or 2F I don't bother with the shocker.

I imagine that the idea behind using a tip one size larger is that the line will make less contact going from 10 10 10 12 (tip) than 10 10 10 10(tip). Makes at least theoretical sense to me. smile.gif

gad

"I came into this world naked, screaming at the top of my lungs, and covered in someone else's blood. I got no problem leaving it that way."
Who can hope to be safe? Who sufficiently cautious? Guard himself as he may, every moment's an ambush. Horace

ok, been cwm15.gif and i see an expert somewhere else recommends using 1 size smaller for the top! cwm13.gif

now im really confused. confused.gif

so i decided to go the standard(ish) route. this will be my first surf rod for me to use, and ime doing enough weird things!

to make things harder for others (and convenient for me) anglers workshop says the ICMNST are discontinued, but they had a 10 in stock that fits my specs. sz10 runners + sz10 top smile.gif

mikeD
iskateforfun @ gmail dot com