Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve M

Shimano CHO System

Rate this topic

2 posts in this topic

Orginal post by Triet on Main Forum detailing Blue Rose rod. The linked page also shows a new? Shimano way of rating jigging rods. CHO. I don't think you should try this at home with a surf rod though. Actually bends the rod more than 90 degrees... like 135 degrees if my geometery is correct.

Shimano CHO System

RodMaker has been publishing info on the Common Cents System which has some similar aspects but only flexes the rod for a deflection equal to 1/3 its overall length. Thoughts anyone?

Steve

Darn, I thought I had an exclusive with my "tactile" gold Prismacolor titling and graphics!!

Love the rotating ball gimballs too...

Never did like those things...

When fighting really big fish 200+ lbs you had better have your a** following it around the cockpit because if that butt pops out of the gimbal plate (it will, I promise) while you hang out and watch that fish swim around the corner, you will get dragged off your feet before you blink!!!

Been there and seen it happen on smaller fish with a few guys and just like some children... "Dont touch the stove you will get burned" means little, until a burn has been physically realised!! rolleyes.gif

I'll never profess to be a know it all (if I was, life would be really boring!) but I know what I know and I can't wait to learn more every day icon14.gif