Ceremet Guides vs. SIC's

Rate this topic

Prefessa

Al:

Greetings! I know you have experience with these. They are MUCHO expensive! Are they all that Fuji makes em out to be? Are they considerably better than SIC's

Inquireing minds what to know! I have a Van Staal Flyrod originally made by Ron Dietrich. He put a size 16 Ceremet Stipper guide on this thing and I want to upgrade to the 20. A 16 is too small of a stripper for a 9 wt IMO. I can't find Ceremets locally and wonder if The SIC would be fine.

Also do you recommend underwraps on Flyrod guides? If so are you underwrapping with A thread with an overwrap of A or do you go to something lighter(Size O?).

What ya say Rodprof?

Hi Joe,

I think I have a #20 black framed Cermet in the shop if you want it. I used them several times with great results. They are great guides, however too expensive and too brittle for the way I am on tackle. For me the SIC's are fine.

I underwrap and overwrap all my saltwater fly rods with size A thread. I apply a coat of finish to the underwraps first though.

Al

Thanks Al:

I'll Give you a call at the office w/ my adress. Perhaps you could throw it in an envelope and mail it to me.

What I plan on doing is to remove the #16, #12 and last snake guide. Then replace them with a 20 16 and lastly the 12 will replace the Snake.

I don't like the way a 16 stripper performs. It chokes down the flyline an puts the line too close to the blank resulting in slap.

I like 3 ceramics on rods that have snakes.