Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sudsy

What's your favorite 9' livelining blank

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Conventional that can take a beating on the jettys, can handle tossing out a big bunker on 80# braid, and can put the screws to a big cow (God willing).

As a side use it might see an occasional (but rare) bridge trip and a few bunker dragging boat trips.

Lamiglas 1213M Cut a foot off the butt if ya have to, but I'd cut off 6 inches and leave it at 9 1/2. Just got my new one from SmilinBill and it is sweet. Test drive this morning threw 4 oz bank about 120 yards with an Abu 7000. Soft action won't send your bait in a different direction than the hook. My ten footer was smashed last fall. I think it is nicer at 9 1/2. You could lift a cinder block with it biggrin.gif

If you can find one, a Harnell or Harrington 540 at 8-1/2'. Cinder block? You could probably lift an engine block with one biggrin.gif

The 10' 542, with a couple of inches trimmed from the tip and some more from the butt, would also do the trick.

If you can't find those, the 121 3M trimmed to 9'.

I just bought a nice reconditioned Harnell from WBGelbke. He didn't know what blank it was from. Nine footer but with a hardwood butt. It COULD be used as an engine hoist biggrin.gif

These are all great suggestions but I wouldn't bring any one of them up on a bridge or on any of the nastier jetties. I had a heart palpatation when Ditch suggested cutting a Harnell (That's just WRONG wink.gif ) I have my 542 on the bench right now being reconditioned. Even the thought of cutting it cwm31.gif

I'm looking for a real beater rod to kick the crap out of on the rocks. Could there be anything in the Rainshadow line that might fit the bill?

Right now the best option seems to be a Gator glass but I'd prefer something a half step up from that.

Okay, Calm down wink.gif If you dont want to try a 1213M cuz it's too wimpy, Get your hands on a honey 1215M. If you want to be able to stop the tractor trailers on the bridge,cut a foot off the skinny end. Now you have a phone pole eek.gif

If u want a pole go with a allstar 1209 good for bunker to heavy for herring.a 1208 wit some trimmed off the tip is good for the litlle bucky's.I have both if u would like to see give me a call.By the way the 1209 is a great bridge rod lots of power an very light.

Thanks NIB but I already picked up a 1215 (thanks Longshot). Going to nip 8" off the top and 4" off the bottom and wrap it spiral. This oughta be a great all around bridge, livelining, XXX heavy boat stick.

Thanks NIB but I already picked up a 1215 (thanks Longshot). Going to nip 8" off the top and 4" off the bottom and wrap it spiral. This oughta be a great all around bridge, livelining, XXX heavy boat stick.

Is that the blank Steve in Mass brought down? It'll do the job just fine.

Is that the blank Steve in Mass brought down? It'll do the job just fine.

Yup icon14.gif