Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shadman

Fisher 8708

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

I have never posted here , mainly , because I don't build rods. So , now you know that I know very little about blanks, etc. I had a rod built for me in 1992..a fisher 8708 9' blank...........does anyone know this blank . I have caught a few nice bass on it and I can say it has some backbone whie being very flexible.............it seems to bend thruout the whole rod, unlike a fast tipped rod.......Its a beauty for sure and I am wondeing if anyone else can comment on this blank. Bob

I can't imagine you'll hear anything but high praise, Bob. And perhaps a bit of jealousy wink.gif The Kennedy Fisher surf graphites were some of the finest and now, most sorely missed, blanks ever produced. There were only ever four models in the lineup, all one piece, two nine footers and two ten foot models (yours is the heavier of the two niners, by the way) and I don't know anyone who's ever owned or fished one of their offerings who doesn't wish he'd laid in a few extras for the future while the gettin' was still good.

Thank You fellas for your comments. I just gave this rod to a young man , who will use it and it enjoy it for many years. His passion is fishing and since I no longer fish the jetty's or the suds , he will put it to much better use that I .I am glad it's a worthy gift . Thanks again Bob