Followers 0
crashfromamesbury

lamiglas xra 1084

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

looking for advice on how to set one up if

i don't buy a built one from sol online store

need recommendations, on guides..

reel seat, and i was hoping to go with cork tape.

what are the pros and cons with this...

thanks in advance

pete

Nice blank,you should be very pleased with it,but don't plan on throwing 4ozs with it.I'd say 3 or just over is about the most for me,I'm a mad man and like to wail eveything I throw biggrin.gif I'm going to build something else shortly for say 2-5.Unfortunatly as versitile as the rod is,it does have limitations as far as 4oz is concerned.Might work if your not an aggressive caster,but if you are you'll know what I mean when you try..

Worcboy built mine and I was extremely pleased with the way he did it.If you want,you can search back,I posted spacing and reelseat posistion a while back,if you can't find it I'll post it for you again.I did set the reel seat down lower than most would prefer,but it works for me.

And I love the rod itself,its the nicest rod I've owned.I was fortunate enough to aqquire a free prototype from ToddV,but if I had to buy one I certainly would smile.gif

I second what Rich said about the rod being the nicest he has ever used. I have a factory build 1084, and it is great, and would highly recommend one if you do not build it yourself. I was worried about the reel seat position with the factory built rod but it is not a problem for me. You will not be sorry with this rod. I also feel that 4oz is a bit to much for the rod. Mike