today's turnings, whats on your lathe

Rate this topic

stripercrazy

I cleaned this damn thing 4 times today! Turned 67 4.5" darters. I have 30 of them drilled and shaped. Time for some football

Damn u! 67 geesh, If only i had mini with a dupe. I actually have a friend selling me his lathe same as yours. How's it holding up for u and how long have u been using it? Just curious because i hear they're great lathes and im pretty much buying it anyhow. Comes with a pile of cedar too. Thanks Chuck!

Plugworx508

and what's even more amazing than that is that the Harbor Freight lathe is the same exact machine. I'm currently using a Turn crafter bed extension and drive belt on my HF lathe.

I've heard of these burning out motors but idk if the same but close different colors that's all. Same make and model motors i wonder?

Plugworx508

I've heard of these burning out motors but idk if the same but close different colors that's all. Same make and model motors i wonder?

Not sure, I've never actually seen a Turncrafter in person. Mine is a few years old but until 6 months ago it only turned foam so it not been through what Linesider69 put his through :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel Pulse View Post

I like to try a few special things every year so this year I am doing some really rare Brad Norris needles, at least I think that is the consensus among some of my collecting friends as Norris being the builder. You may be familiar with the Hyannisport Ma. builders Jet Squid plug from the 50's as some have done nice jobs of building some in years past. I intend to fish this plug but I am pretty sure the daintiness of this plug will be hard pressed to handle any fish over 20 lbs. My next challenge is to find some hooks as these are not easy to come by in this size but I got a couple collecting friends to bug. Capesams built some of these and of course he did a stellar job. I will use screw eyes. The originals used some crazy non stainless bent wire hanger set up which I don't intend to bother with. The 2 originals came to me in a brown paper bag at last years plugfest from a member here, Oldgoat. He told me they were from his dads tacklebox bought years ago and he thought I may be interested in what was in the bag. I was. I hope to have a couple done for him at this years plugfest.

Neat little drop tanks!

i kinda think that maybe that particular turncrafter is the same as both the hf 65345 and grizzly h8259? ... in everything 'cept price tag. ;)

the $285/griz IS the $206/hf (both are delivered costs) for sure. i got my hf 65345 a few dayze ago for $170 direct at the hf store, it's on super sale tomorrow only for $150.

The only government I trust is the .45-70

i kinda think that maybe that particular turncrafter is the same as both the hf 65345 and grizzly h8259? ... in everything 'cept price tag. ;)

the $285/griz IS the $206/hf (both are delivered costs) for sure. i got my hf 65345 a few dayze ago for $170 direct at the hf store, it's on super sale tomorrow only for $150.

U should grab a backup u never know what could happen.

Plugworx508