stripercrazy

today's turnings, whats on your lathe

Rate this topic

3,196 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, bassmaster said:

The 1st plug, it looks huge but it's not 

Need to rig it, its weighted so will see 

20220702_134232.jpg

It sure looks good to me.  Mine turned out pretty decent. I swam it with a pair of 1/0’s before the epoxy went on and it swam about a foot sub surface which is exactly what I wanted. Action similar to a jr atom but way skinnier. It would roll over if I really leaned on it but I made it for calmer water so it should be fine. I’ll take it for a swim with 2/0’s now that the epoxy is on and see what happens. 3C5E63B3-2E5F-4CB1-8589-B9FEAD479E2D.jpeg.de41f789d159ff810803c8803e4a2331.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, strats'n'stripers said:

It sure looks good to me.  Mine turned out pretty decent. I swam it with a pair of 1/0’s before the epoxy went on and it swam about a foot sub surface which is exactly what I wanted. Action similar to a jr atom but way skinnier. It would roll over if I really leaned on it but I made it for calmer water so it should be fine. I’ll take it for a swim with 2/0’s now that the epoxy is on and see what happens. 3C5E63B3-2E5F-4CB1-8589-B9FEAD479E2D.jpeg.de41f789d159ff810803c8803e4a2331.jpeg

Any lead?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, t_man7 said:

Nice looks killer may have to try my hand at a few.

I used red cedar and a Danny 1 lip. I’ve got some more supplies on the way and will definitely try a few more. Maybe 2 smaller belly weights spread out a little. I’d like to tighten up the wobble but keep the same running depth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

4 mins ago, strats'n'stripers said:

I used red cedar and a Danny 1 lip. I’ve got some more supplies on the way and will definitely try a few more. Maybe 2 smaller belly weights spread out a little. I’d like to tighten up the wobble but keep the same running depth. 

I have the 1 lip and i have that smaller danny lip, ill look at both my lips.

 I put a 00 buckshot in mine

Will see how it swims, maybe o will make 2 more, and put half lead in.

Edited by bassmaster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

15 mins ago, gregwa said:

big eye ball on the ass end

 

Just got these; two are tuned running just below the surface and the other is going to get slammed on the surface. Tested them out in current running around 2 knots, maybe a little better...:)

 

Have to talk to David, might be so the flag tucks in tight to the plug for casting distance... 

 

@bassmaster what say you, and thanks again...:th:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 mins ago, bassmaster said:

I have the 1 lip and i have that smaller danny lip, ill look at both my lips.

 I put a 00 buckshot in mine

Will see how it swims, maybe o will make 2 more, and put half lead in.

I’d like to try an even smaller lip, like 3/4 the size of a Danny 1. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 mins ago, gregwa said:

now you got me thinking, two 2

g weights right behind the hook.  

I’m going to try putting the second one about 2/3 back about where a second belly hook would go if it had one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, not a fishing lure, but recently off the lathe, and then the spinner. Black walnut bowl with an inlay of crushed mussel shells in etex. Still a little shiny, I will probably hit the finish with an abrasive paste (Ack's) and then their polishing finish wax.

That will knock back the sheen, make it smooth, and give it that nice feel in your hand.

Back to plugs.

 

20220703_122920.jpg.3bf13013eadc245c7aa4e32bd40dec0f.jpg

My niece is getting married in October, its headed her way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 mins ago, Lou T said:

 

 

 

 

Just got these; two are tuned running just below the surface and the other is going to get slammed on the surface. Tested them out in current running around 2 knots, maybe a little better...:)

 

Have to talk to David, might be so the flag tucks in tight to the plug for casting distance... 

 

@bassmaster what say you, and thanks again...:th:

Na no eye,  you can tune them to stay on top, just tweak the eye down.

Did the flag for action and no rear hook ,i bounce back and forth  on the tail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.