stripercrazy

today's turnings, whats on your lathe

Rate this topic

3,018 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Heavy Hooksetter said:

A fresh one, not sure what it will become but, I have ideas brewing.

IMG_20211029_061243.jpg.d4e6e25156d5f0d1b18fe7bc37925874.jpg

HH

I see you have some inspiration there in the background.  My guess is it’s gonna be a popper. Lol 

2 mins ago, 1amson said:

I see you have some inspiration there in the background.  My guess is it’s gonna be a popper. Lol 

Oh snap!, I didn't even realize that, I was so focused on the wood I didn't even look anywhere else.

I have two more pieces of wood under that magazine lol.

HH

1 min ago, Heavy Hooksetter said:

Oh snap!, I didn't even realize that, I was so focused on the wood I didn't even look anywhere else.

I have two more pieces of wood under that magazine lol.

HH

Man. If i had that in my shop all my plugs would come out.. COCK eyed :p

2 mins ago, 1amson said:

Man. If i had that in my shop all my plugs would come out.. COCK eyed :p

The three that I'm going to make out of those three pieces of wood may swim a radically because they've been overworked.

HH

1 hour ago, 1amson said:

Just got your package Kones. I’m gonna take these to the reservoir tomorrow and pretend I’m at the ocean  

image.jpg

Try not to fly an American kite 

That little dove bar works well in a frenzy it really doesn’t “swim” as much as skip or skim as you rip it through. They have caught small bluefin as well as bluefish with wireleader. I’m real curious to know what you think of the needlefish and how it swims. Please be honest as I’m still learning and your feedback will be welcomed and put to use. I never got to throw it and only tank tested it

Edited by Kones1

11 hours ago, Kones1 said:

That little dove bar works well in a frenzy it really doesn’t “swim” as much as skip or skim as you rip it through. They have caught small bluefin as well as bluefish with wireleader. I’m real curious to know what you think of the needlefish and how it swims. Please be honest as I’m still learning and your feedback will be welcomed and put to use. I never got to throw it and only tank tested it

Yo konage. Thanks fer the pluggage, nice

I gave Alumilite amazing clear cast + a go and am pleased with the results.  Sealed and clear coat, paint is just rustoleum.  Very easy to work with.  

46ACE50B-D284-422E-AC57-002A4022B958.jpeg

Edited by t_man7

3 mins ago, t_man7 said:

I gave Alumilite amazing clear cast + a go and and pleased with the results.  Sealed and clear coat, paint is just rustoleum.  Very easy to work with.

46ACE50B-D284-422E-AC57-002A4022B958.jpeg

Nice Tommy...

2 mins ago, 7 Rivers said:

Nice Tommy...

Thanks Guy

I like the solid color change, especially with the two most contrasting colors (black and white).  Tim Coleman was always a proponent of plugs in black over white.