stripercrazy

today's turnings, whats on your lathe

Rate this topic

2,932 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

24 mins ago, Kones1 said:

I am such a HO’. 1amson has a soft heart ❤️. Thank you my new friend. I don’t want you guys to think I had surgery just to Ho’ plugs or anything like that. But ya know 

Oh no he dont. He is a Bribe Ho,r

Plugsters dictionary 

Definition of a bribe ho.

A person who sends a lure and then says i like such and such plug

Fisherman sending lure and then lays in wait to let the plug ho recipient feel bad. Then had sender remorse. Even though said plug ho has 100 of the same lure

Gorilla type tactics hoing lures via sending lures

Edited by bassmaster
Rabid plug disorder

13 hours ago, Kones1 said:

I am such a HO’. 1amson has a soft heart ❤️. Thank you my new friend. I don’t want you guys to think I had surgery just to Ho’ plugs or anything like that. But ya know 

No prob my man. And just rest up son, no need to force yourself to the lathe… getting better is #1. 

12 hours ago, bassmaster said:

Oh no he dont. He is a Bribe Ho,r

Plugsters dictionary 

Definition of a bribe ho.

A person who sends a lure and then says i like such and such plug

Fisherman sending lure and then lays in wait to let the plug ho recipient feel bad. Then had sender remorse. Even though said plug ho has 100 of the same lure

Gorilla type tactics hoing lures via sending lures

You just keep that popper away from the seals you plug pimp you. 

I really need a copy of The Plug Ho’Dictionairy. My bucket list just got longer as now I want to Ho’ a plug every way possible listed in that holy book. I almost got 1 off Bassmaster but being the Ho he is he was able to block my Ho attempt as he sensed it before the grab   Next time. My shop is calling. It’s been 12 days since surgery and so far today is the best. Down to the dungeon to create 

Edited by Kones1

On 10/18/2021 at 10:52 PM, 1amson said:

Finally got a little dick around time this evening. 

D6A7A153-CB1C-464C-AA1E-2AAE6906F0F6.jpeg

Dude....

Dat plug is so nice, i aint throwing it.

I got this hunk of junk on my epoxy dryin thingy  , im gunna send ya

Olive,   camillion gold,   copper bassmaster finger....

I love doing this technique. 

Only 1 other like this and its turnin also

16352915259393966548126960079575.jpg

Edited by bassmaster
My plugs suck

12 hours ago, bassmaster said:

Dude....

Dat plug is so nice, i aint throwing it.

I got this hunk of junk on my epoxy dryin thingy  , im gunna send ya

Olive,   camillion gold,   copper bassmaster finger....

I love doing this technique. 

Only 1 other like this and its turnin also

16352915259393966548126960079575.jpg

That is a beautiful needle man. Can’t wait. Yeah idk if you guys got the poppers yet, but when you get them you’ll notice they’re more along the lines of 3oz and some change. Original was 2.5 and i felt it needed just a tad more weight up front to really sit how i wanted it to in the water.  I’m nick naming these “eagle poppers”. Ya might wonder why.. well funny (and kind of unbelievable) story.. right before I sent them out, i was giving them the final cast/ swim test on the Wachusett reservoir. I’m popping away and notice something above. Look up and my breath was taken away as I noticed it was a big balled eagle. He was circling and looking straight down at the popper. I was like “holy SH*T!”   As if just that we’re enough, the eagle looped around and started descending on the poppers position. I was like “no.. can’t be.. he’s not really gonna..”. Eagle swooped down right at the popper, claws out and all.  I gave it a yank with all my might and saved it from him. He goes back up and continues circling. I could see he was confused but still fixated on the popper. He circles around and starts coming in from the same direction he did before. I was like “you gotta be kidding me”. He took another dive at it, this time even more committed and determined to get it, claws plunging right into the water. Again, i tear it out of the way just in time.  At that point I just started reeling it in like a mad man, thinking not only how bad it would suck to lose that popper I worked so hard on, but also how F’ed I would be if I hooked a frikin balled eagle.  Eagle circled confused then flew to a tall pine at the other end of the reservoir.   I looked at the popper and was like “yep.. I’m gonna take that as a sign that the weight is good”

No ****, true story. Wish someone was there with me to film the whole thing.  I did get a vid, but only of the eagle giving up and flying away.  

IMG_1589.MOV

Edited by 1amson

That is a tremendous story. I’m going to the P O later today to mail you and Dave the plugs   That popper will be thrown this April on Hudson under Ford dam. I make 3 oz poppers just for that spot. It’s a long long throw and that and a rod that can do it is what it takes. Like the canal , it’s sometimes not worth fishing in the combat zone but not many can reach that spot and my PB is 34 lbs from there. I’ve seen 50’s caught there. It’s 150 miles from NYC.  Hope I can show you a nice one with that in her yap !

On 11/29/2014 at 3:10 PM, Micodese said:

Hey Roddy how did you get the lips in without cutting the sides? Very nice by the way.

I I cut a slot in the nose with a rotary tooll and a router bit so the lip fits right into its own little slot, I don't like cutting the wood like most guys do with a bandsaw cuz I don't like giving water an extra place to get in.

before I put the lip on my epoxy the whole nose of the plug on the face put the lip in and then I drive the screw eye in with a large Phillips bolt and cordless drill and I hang it up by the screw eye and let it cure so then, have a nice solid smooth front on the plug.

HH

Edited by Heavy Hooksetter

The eagle has landed. What a surprise when I unwrapped the package , there was a beautiful little needlefish in there as well. Your paint/ finish is beautiful. Thank you a million times 1amson   P. S. I got to the P O today 

F36D7FA7-B42D-45BE-B09F-8DF29F3FA70D.jpeg

10 hours ago, Kones1 said:

The eagle has landed. What a surprise when I unwrapped the package , there was a beautiful little needlefish in there as well. Your paint/ finish is beautiful. Thank you a million times 1amson   P. S. I got to the P O today 

F36D7FA7-B42D-45BE-B09F-8DF29F3FA70D.jpeg

Thank you sir!

Use them well, and any constructive criticism regarding anything about them would be greatly appreciated. Always trying to improve.  
Ps. I’m a cheap airbrush user as well haha.