stripercrazy

today's turnings, whats on your lathe

Rate this topic

2,932 posts in this topic

And if there was any such thing as an easy finish , the CA glue finish isn’t that hard to do and can be done all in one sitting .. wet sand from 1200 up to 12000 and shines nicely 

1 hour ago, Wire For Fire said:

Alright so I’m a pen ho now. Pretty fun and addicting. Still refining them and learning on everyone . Almost happy with them . 

189AE615-74AC-4A31-8301-44143E5F3B28.jpeg

Those look nice

My bloodworm color looks awsome with epoxy, i shoulda took a pic.

Think,  on next batch ima go lighter on candy over base and have one other color i want to try. Over base

20211020_221330.jpg

On 10/12/2021 at 6:28 PM, Kones1 said:

Can you send me one too ? 

That popper is ready. Send me your shipping info btmaney@hotmail.  

Posted (edited) · Report post

You are the man.   Painful 2 days but this helped immensely. O and thanks for naming those little ones Dove Bars. It’s a new thing with me , like naming the tree stands and our duck blinds. I will send the needle this week but have to make more Dove Bars. I have to send some to Dave this week and I’m thinking probably Wednesday I can get to the P O. 

Edited by Kones1

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, Kones1 said:

You are the man.   Painful 2 days but this helped immensely. O and thanks for naming those little ones Dove Bars. It’s a new thing with me , like naming the tree stands and our duck blinds. I will send the needle this week but have to make more Dove Bars. I have to send some to Dave this week and I’m thinking probably Wednesday I can get to the P O. 

Haha awesome.  Yeah i was looking at the original pic of them you posted of them and was also calling them “ice cream Kones1” in my head :D.  Also while at the lathe i took the recipe you gave for them and kind of made my own version just messing around (altering a few things about it so it’s not just a total copycat). Took one look at it fresh off the spinner and named it “lil pig” lol. Now I need to make 2 more so i can have 3 lil pigs. 
….I have a few screws loose if it isn’t obvious by now lol  :lg_smile:

image.jpg

PS. Don’t forget to send me your shipping to that email I provided so i can get ya the popper 

Edited by 1amson

On 10/22/2021 at 10:44 AM, bassmaster said:

My bloodworm color looks awsome with epoxy, i shoulda took a pic.

Think,  on next batch ima go lighter on candy over base and have one other color i want to try. Over base

20211020_221330.jpg

I like the Danny with the bulb tail, have you swam one like that yet?

1 hour ago, t_man7 said:

No its a blank,  im deciding on hook and weight placement and lip.

1 hour ago, t_man7 said:

I was thinking the same thing Tommy !  I like that profile !! Very interesting.

Made down stairs to my shop yesterday for a few minutes. Yay. This week I hope to make it down again for an hour or so and start turning some plugs. Can’t stand too long yet but I see some bits of improvement. Getting off the narcotics today hopefully, 10 days was a long time to me as I’ve never taken any pills my entire 62 years other than vitamin D. They take the pain away or at least dull it some. This hurt and I’ve gotta do the other in December. I thought I was pretty tuff all my life but this has a way of humbling even the tuffest MF ers I know. I’ve had abdominal surgery where they removed 14” of my colon that I thought was pretty bad, nothing like knee replacement brothers. I have plugs to make G D it and I’m gonna make em

I am such a HO’. 1amson has a soft heart ❤️. Thank you my new friend. I don’t want you guys to think I had surgery just to Ho’ plugs or anything like that. But ya know