stripercrazy

today's turnings, whats on your lathe

Rate this topic

2,933 posts in this topic

On 10/12/2021 at 7:49 PM, Kones1 said:

Ha. U got it. Winter comes.  Knee replacement Thursday then the other as soon as I can so plugs

Good luck with the knee. Had both of mine done last year. One, heal up, second one. Was bouncing around on the rocks down by the tailwater around 2 months after the second one. First week after each sucked, but got better. Stick with the PT. Best advice is that everyone is different, don't base your recovery on how others did or are doing. Both my knees were different as far as recovery. Rather than compare how you are doing from day to day, compare to how you were the week before. After it was all done, wished I had done it several years ago. Certainly not perfect, but a whole lot better than before the replacement. Shoot me a PM if you want more info or just need some encouragement as you heal up. 

Hey Bassmaster, you know what would really help Kones1 heal up after surgery, one of those juicy needles you've been making. Take his mind off the pain and give him something to look forward to once he heals up. Come on sweet phart, send the man a plug :D:stick::moon:

Thank you Jig Man. I had first done today. I ordered 10 Fixter needlefish last week! I have 6 Bassmaster needles, sure would be pretty swell to have 10 of each   The wicked ho ‘ I am. I don’t have PM option. I’m walking 100 steps every hour and start PT Monday. Doing the other I think December 9 of this is ok

19 hours ago, Jig Man said:

Good luck with the knee. Had both of mine done last year. One, heal up, second one. Was bouncing around on the rocks down by the tailwater around 2 months after the second one. First week after each sucked, but got better. Stick with the PT. Best advice is that everyone is different, don't base your recovery on how others did or are doing. Both my knees were different as far as recovery. Rather than compare how you are doing from day to day, compare to how you were the week before. After it was all done, wished I had done it several years ago. Certainly not perfect, but a whole lot better than before the replacement. Shoot me a PM if you want more info or just need some encouragement as you heal up. 

Hey Bassmaster, you know what would really help Kones1 heal up after surgery, one of those juicy needles you've been making. Take his mind off the pain and give him something to look forward to once he heals up. Come on sweet phart, send the man a plug :D:stick::moon:

That guy is horrible, i put a paddle lock on my plig bag.

Im safe he cant walk far :D

8 hours ago, Kones1 said:

Thank you Jig Man. I had first done today. I ordered 10 Fixter needlefish last week! I have 6 Bassmaster needles, sure would be pretty swell to have 10 of each   The wicked ho ‘ I am. I don’t have PM option. I’m walking 100 steps every hour and start PT Monday. Doing the other I think December 9 of this is ok

Nice try, hey you have lathe

Im feeding these to bluefish 

20211014_153100.jpg

9 hours ago, bassmaster said:

I should test that

You will soon enough.. well soon as i can finish. Bear in mind I have an 8yr old bouncing on my head almost every second I work on these. Lol 

1 hour ago, 1amson said:

You will soon enough.. well soon as i can finish. Bear in mind I have an 8yr old bouncing on my head almost every second I work on these. Lol 

I remember those days.

I was getting into the paint today

20211016_164218.jpg

20211016_163425.jpg

20211016_163314.jpg

20211016_163222.jpg

20211016_163157.jpg

Always wanted to try .. bought a mandrel and end mill and some kits and had at it ... first two attempt .. they far from perfect but the canary wood with the black hardware was my second attempt and I’d say is acceptable as a gift lol .. wife’s got me making couple dozen .. I better step my pen game up 

A898BFCD-5C78-4702-9AE2-8ADA621597D8.jpeg

343EB793-D863-42E7-AE72-1585BA5C310D.jpeg

15 hours ago, Wire For Fire said:

Always wanted to try .. bought a mandrel and end mill and some kits and had at it ... first two attempt .. they far from perfect but the canary wood with the black hardware was my second attempt and I’d say is acceptable as a gift lol .. wife’s got me making couple dozen .. I better step my pen game up 

A898BFCD-5C78-4702-9AE2-8ADA621597D8.jpeg

343EB793-D863-42E7-AE72-1585BA5C310D.jpeg

These look FANTASTIC !!! PLEASE take this next comment as just a little advice, use QUALITY guts. I can't count the amount of  times I've been given Beautifully made pens, that turn out to write terrible. It's such a let down. I don't turn pens, but I do like buying and trading for nice wooden ones, and when you get a really nice looking pen, that also glides like a dream, it's a great thing. You actually WANT to write with it !!  Again, not criticism obviously, just a little tip. You go through so much work to  turn the blank, might as well go that extra mile with the innards. Great job on these !  :th:

14 mins ago, Mandoborg said:

These look FANTASTIC !!! PLEASE take this next comment as just a little advice, use QUALITY guts. I can't count the amount of  times I've been given Beautifully made pens, that turn out to write terrible. It's such a let down. I don't turn pens, but I do like buying and trading for nice wooden ones, and when you get a really nice looking pen, that also glides like a dream, it's a great thing. You actually WANT to write with it !!  Again, not criticism obviously, just a little tip. You go through so much work to  turn the blank, might as well go that extra mile with the innards. Great job on these !  :th:

Thanks , yea the hardware and mechs aren’t to bad , but ink tubes def leave alil to be desired .  Pretty sure they just a standard refill for twist pens . I def gonna see about buying some better ones