stripercrazy

today's turnings, whats on your lathe

Rate this topic

3,018 posts in this topic

The Danny has bugged out eyes like he has the bends, he’s Bent. The spook is the plug for October. I’m saving the best for last after they’ve all been epoxied I call it “Dave’s not here man “. A killer needlefish 11” long. Maybe tomorrow. 

3EA85F20-9DAE-42A9-B7E8-08924DA0DA73.jpeg

289BD1CD-8433-46FD-87BC-F65EC026F17B.jpeg

20 hours ago, nightfighter said:

In 2003, I actually got a commission to make a toy for a striking female I know... and that led to three more orders from her friends, who I sadly did not meet nor was I given their identities... I like to think they are all good looking. Colorshift paint too!

Sr. Poppers :point:

4 hours ago, bassmaster said:

20211011_140810.jpg

20211011_135440.jpg

20211011_135438.jpg

Sometimes when I'm painting I’m trying to replicate a specific bait fish, but most of the time I just start spraying and see where it goes. Let it come together on its own. After it’s done, I hold it up and give the paint scheme a name, just the first thing that comes to mind.  Looked at this needle and immediately thought “ACID PARROT”. 

2 hours ago, wvbud22 said:

I like how the shapes of the poppers differ. Good looking plug. Everyone sees it slightly different. 

Yeah it’s modeled after a SS little neck popper/ Polaris popper. I really don’t see many options for that style popper commercially, let alone many guys making them. Figured I’d take a crack at it. Just tested it this morning and am very happy with it. 

4 hours ago, bassmaster said:

This plug is so nice. Still oogling at it lol

Are you trying to plug whore me?
Lol nah jk. Seriously though I’m honored. This is my first one of these, def gonna turn some more when I get the chance. Can send you one if you’d like. 

43 mins ago, 1amson said:

Are you trying to plug whore me?
Lol nah jk. Seriously though I’m honored. This is my first one of these, def gonna turn some more when I get the chance. Can send you one if you’d like. 

Sweet, ypur plugs look so nice man