stripercrazy

today's turnings, whats on your lathe

Rate this topic

3,012 posts in this topic

BSI 30 minute slow cure.  It’s a pain to work with but the stuff is bullet proof once fully hardened.  Do two layers and you can practically hammer nails with the plug. 

1 hour ago, 1amson said:

Thanks. …my wife thought it was something else.  Lol

The last time I made a big spook my wife came in the shop and was like what the hell are you making haha 

8 hours ago, Califulltiltfishing said:

The last time I made a big spook my wife came in the shop and was like what the hell are you making haha 

In 2003, I actually got a commission to make a toy for a striking female I know... and that led to three more orders from her friends, who I sadly did not meet nor was I given their identities... I like to think they are all good looking. Colorshift paint too!

8 mins ago, nightfighter said:

In 2003, I actually got a commission to make a toy for a striking female I know... and that led to three more orders from her friends, who I sadly did not meet nor was I given their identities... I like to think they are all good looking. Colorshift paint too!

Hahaha oh man ! Did you install batteries too with vibration ?

11 mins ago, nightfighter said:

Sounds like a good side hustle 

Edited by Califulltiltfishing

33 mins ago, Califulltiltfishing said:

Hahaha oh man ! Did you install batteries too with vibration ?

Nope. Low tech. Manual transmission only....

Honestly, I sweated getting the epoxy step right as finish was priority 2, after shape/size of course.... I just tried to replicate her design (seriously)

1 hour ago, nightfighter said:

Nope. Low tech. Manual transmission only....

Honestly, I sweated getting the epoxy step right as finish was priority 2, after shape/size of course.... I just tried to replicate her design (seriously)

Whenever you make something with your hands you put a piece of yourself into think about that haha 

Always, always do a customer follow up , customer reviews are important and help with research and development. Testing is another important step.  Maybe you could enlist her for quality control. New products might bring your hobby to another level bro. Think outside the box ! Or inside ! 

11 hours ago, Wire For Fire said:

Fun making stuff that doesn’t have to swim right sometimes . Plans a pair for decoration for my mom wine “ collection “ 

AEE47857-CF72-46EA-92FD-EBC82ACF996C.gif

I really need to get a set of jaws, the faceplate just  gets in the way