stripercrazy

today's turnings, whats on your lathe

Rate this topic

3,018 posts in this topic

On 1/18/2021 at 2:52 PM, BassAssasin said:

My father is alive and still carving. He's done quite a few native American heads. That one is his first. I wish that his skill was genetic cause I would be making some fancy plugs. Most cedars are dimensionally stable so you might be ok. Nice bowl.

Does your dad sell these pieces ?

On 9/26/2021 at 4:32 AM, bassmaster said:

Lost one of my fav plugs  9 inch black gold needle, was waiding on a bar, went to cast and the line broke at barrel, current took it on a Nantucket sleigh ride.

Got to wire these up to loose

Gettin close to breakin off 20 plugs this year

20210925_165011.jpg

20210925_161408.jpg

20210925_164959.jpg

I used to break off quite a bit . That dude za fisher mentioned something in a thread where you splice on heavier braid to your lighter braid and ever since I did his suggestion I don’t break off anymore . Haven’t had one break off this year . I take a full filled spool of 20 or 30 lb braid pull out 16 ft cut it off and splice on 16 ft of 50 or 65 lb braid then tie on my 3ft shock leader of mono to ta clip presto no more break offs the heavy braid absorbs the brunt of a hard cast while the lighter braid is just paying and the really improves on distance as well 

2 mins ago, Califulltiltfishing said:

I used to break off quite a bit . That dude za fisher mentioned something in a thread where you splice on heavier braid to your lighter braid and ever since I did his suggestion I don’t break off anymore . Haven’t had one break off this year . I take a full filled spool of 20 or 30 lb braid pull out 16 ft cut it off and splice on 16 ft of 50 or 65 lb braid then tie on my 3ft shock leader of mono to ta clip presto no more break offs the heavy braid absorbs the brunt of a hard cast while the lighter braid is just paying and the really improves on distance as well 

I will have to try that.

19 hours ago, t_man7 said:

Nice!  Let us know how it swims 

This swam beautifully right on top and can be cranked Down and will dive if desired it has a very eradic wiggle but still stable if that makes sense . Wish I had some fish on the west coast here to show it to 

Edited by Califulltiltfishing